Modifying an existing GUI-Guider project

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying an existing GUI-Guider project

Senthil_Gurusamy
Contributor I

In our project (LPC54628, MCUXpresso IDE ('version 11.6.1'), SDK ('version 2.12.0'), the GUI project was already running, and I wanted to make some changes to it. ('LVGL' is also a component of this SDK).

First, I created a 'GUI-Guider' new project, specifying the project directory directly inside our main project, made some changes (later I tried without making any changes for testing! ), generated code, ran in 'simulator,' but when I built with generated code (in 'MCUXpresso IDE') and flashed on the target, I can't even see the 'boot screen'! (I am sure that I specified the correct MCU when I created the 'GUI-Guider' project!)

Could you please assist me with this problem?

0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

@Senthil_Gurusamy Thanks for commenting that bug, we will review it and I hope the next release we can fix it, for the moment, let me tell you that the new version of  GUI Guider v1.5.0 version is out now, you can try it if this is better than you are using, anyway, I will make the report that you comment.

Thanks

0 Kudos

CarlosGarabito
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

My name is Carlos, and I will be supporting your case. I apologize for the late response. We are currently facing some backlog issues.

There are some videos from NXP guy who describe how to import to mcuonexpress, I recommend seeing it. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exKqURI4zzY&t=6s) there is a blog to which explain it ( https://mcuoneclipse.com/2018/08/12/tutorial-open-source-embedded-gui-library-littlevgl-with-i-mx-rt...)

I hope this will help you

Have a good day

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Senthil_Gurusamy
Contributor I
Hi Carlos,

Thank you very much for your response. I apologize for the delayed response. I was about to send an email to NXP Community when I received your email.
Actually, this problem has been resolved now; the GUI-Guider is generating some erroneous code for some reason (even if I don't change anything): as shown in the image, the left side is what was generated last year and still works; the right side is what is being generated now. As you can see on the right, the boot screen was marked for deletion, which was the source of my issue. Now, I've generated many times, but after each generation, I manually edit this file (delete the 'deletion'), and it always works for me!

Even though I don't make any changes, I don't understand why it is generating such code.

Thank you!

Regards
0 Kudos