why freemaster can't load communication library?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why freemaster can't load communication library?

Jump to solution
tiasum
Contributor I

i can use jlink to connect my MCU,but in freemaster it seems that can't load the jlinkarm.dll file.anyone know how to fix it?need help,thank you.1.png2.png3.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

I confirm the JLinkARM.DLL from version 6.00i cannot be loaded due to some missing API which FreeMASTER depends on.

Is it possible for you to update to the latest JLink version 7.86?

The oldest JLink we were testing with the FreeMASTER 2.5 and 3.x back in 2018 was version 6.32h, so this one should work as well. But in general, it is a good idea to keep the JLink software up-to-date.

Regards,
Michal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

FreeMASTER requires to locate some specific functions in the JLinkARM.dll. When it does not find them, the loading fails. Maybe your version of the DLL is older (or much newer?) than the FreeMASTER expects and the set of functions differs.

Can you tell what JLink package version you are using? We can download the same from Segger and retest the FreeMASTER compatibility.

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos
tiasum
Contributor I

my jlink version is v6.00i and freemaster version is 3.2

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

I confirm the JLinkARM.DLL from version 6.00i cannot be loaded due to some missing API which FreeMASTER depends on.

Is it possible for you to update to the latest JLink version 7.86?

The oldest JLink we were testing with the FreeMASTER 2.5 and 3.x back in 2018 was version 6.32h, so this one should work as well. But in general, it is a good idea to keep the JLink software up-to-date.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos
tiasum
Contributor I

ok,i will try it.thx u!

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

is anything new in this case?