Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMASTER 3.0 Problem with the Recorder

Jump to solution
burakgorduk
Contributor I

Hi there,

I have installed FreeMASTER 3.0, I didn't change communication drivers on my project. After I connect with PDBDM Variable Watch and Oscilloscopes work with no issues.

But recorder is stuck in "Stopped, waiting for acknowledgement" state as shown below.

pastedImage_1.png

HW instance is shown as 0: not found;

pastedImage_2.png

Then, instead of the old drivers, I tried to set up the new drivers and gave a shot. Found the communication buffer in my .map file;

pastedImage_4.png

But FreeMASTER doesn't find the buffer address. Manually typing the address will not result in making the connection.

Any help on finding the issue?

Thanks.

1 Solution
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

the FreeMASTER 3.0 should work well with old driver and old protocol implementation on all transports - including the PDBDM. It is normal that the Recorder settings shows the recorder 0 as "not found" - this is because the old driver version does not assign any name to that recorder instance. We should have probably called it "0:default", to avoid such confusion.

We have identified an issue with manual recorder stopping when the old driver is used - and this is probably what you are facing. The fix will appear in the upcoming release. The issue only affects manual stopping, recorder should still stop fine when a recorder is stopped by a trigger variable.

You can try a patched version of the communication DLL which should address this issue. Just copy DLL from this link to FreeMASTER installation folder..

Thanks,

Michal

View solution in original post

7 Replies
plinioandrade
Contributor I

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello, your last post does not show up correctly in the community page. Please re-send your contribution.

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello,

the FreeMASTER 3.0 should work well with old driver and old protocol implementation on all transports - including the PDBDM. It is normal that the Recorder settings shows the recorder 0 as "not found" - this is because the old driver version does not assign any name to that recorder instance. We should have probably called it "0:default", to avoid such confusion.

We have identified an issue with manual recorder stopping when the old driver is used - and this is probably what you are facing. The fix will appear in the upcoming release. The issue only affects manual stopping, recorder should still stop fine when a recorder is stopped by a trigger variable.

You can try a patched version of the communication DLL which should address this issue. Just copy DLL from this link to FreeMASTER installation folder..

Thanks,

Michal

Sam_ECU
Contributor IV

Hello @MichalH 

I have the same issue:

Sam_ECU_0-1650456975373.png

I've installed the latest version:

Sam_ECU_1-1650456999968.png

The recorder was working for me.  I haven't made any changes to Freemaster or Simulink.

I tried using the dll within this chat, it didn't work either.

Regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Hello Sam, 

this thread is quite old and it is already marked as resolved - so it would be quite hard to track a new communication here. Also you face the issue with the latest 3.1.4 version, so it will be probably a different root cause.

Can you please start a new thread and describe your setup (MCU, communication etc.) and outline again what the problem is?

Thanks,
Michal

0 Kudos
burakgorduk
Contributor I

Thank you for the response. The patched DLL fixed the issue as you've said. I can use Freemaster 3.0 with my old comm. drivers without any issues.

Thank you.

Burak

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Thank you for your feedback. The fixed DLL will appear along with other fixes and updates in version 3.0.1 early February.

Regards,

Michal

0 Kudos