cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up MQS Audio Output

drsinderson
Contributor I

Hi!

I was hoping to use the medium quality sound (MQS) output for my project but am a bit stuck. There doesn't appear to be a demo for it and the information available in the processor reference manual seems vague to me (or I'm just not grasping it well enough). Basically, I have 16-bit data that I need output as an analog signal for audio (left and right audio data will be identical). Can you give me some guidance about how to set the MQS up and get it going?

I've also imported the PWM demo and am considering trying to just use PWM directly but haven't gotten very far yet. Having to just scrape time together to work on this.

Anyway, any and all help is appreciated! And sorry if the question seems too broad or vague.

3 Replies

lucas_cao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Attached is a MQS demo based on RT1050 EVKB you can take a reference.

Thanks,

Lucas Cao

0 Kudos

patrik_dober
Contributor I

I also have difficulties to setup MQS module on MIMXRT1050-EVK eval board (SCH-29538REV-A4).

There, the MQS pins are not connected to any hardware output or filter.

What HW is needed to run this demo?

0 Kudos

lucas_cao
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I don't have the schematic of A4. But i supposed that it should be samiliar with EVKB. please find page 9, there is a mark: SPDIF INTERFACE. There are the circuit of SPDIF but you need to mount someting before using because most of this circuit are DNP.

0 Kudos