Code examples XIP and AN12686

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code examples XIP and AN12686

tom_m
Contributor I

It would be really useful, for my project, to have the software for the FlexIO parallel camera interface app note AN12686. The application note does not seem to link to a software download, I can't seem to find AN12686 software on the NXP website either.

Also, I would like to have as much ram available for vision system processing so I would like to do XIP (execute in place ) are there code examples for this? I have tried to find such examples.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Tom M

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

alex_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

Demos on MCUXpresso are by default XIP so you can use a demo project as a starting point. For example once you import the Hello World example, if you go to the Preprocessor defines you will see that XIP_External_FLASH=1 and XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE_=1. You can find more information on how it all works here. This appnote is for 1050, but same ideas apply to 1010.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_3.png

-Alex

0 Kudos

pavel_sadek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

there is SW associated with this application note  

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12686SW.zip

hope this helps

Pavel

0 Kudos

tom_m
Contributor I

I see the software pieces for both the FlexIO based OV7670 camera and XIP. Is there a document anywhere that describes the MCUXpresso steps needed to create a XIP based project and get it loaded into the RT1010 EVK???  I know I am asking for much here :smileyhappy:

Thanks in advance

Tom M.

0 Kudos

pavel_sadek
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom

we have IAR implementation as far as I see, you can try time limited version of IAR for trial...

Pavel

0 Kudos

tom_m
Contributor I

I have downloaded the app note code and IAR tools. With the EVK plugged in IAR tools cannot find a debug connection. It seems to be looking for a J-Link connection. Is a J-Link debug connection required or can the debug connection built into the RT1010 EVK be made to work? How is that done?

Best Regards

Tom M.

0 Kudos

alex_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Tom,

To change the debugger settings go to Project->Options->Debugger and select CMSIS DAP.

pastedImage_1.png

If you will be using the external flash, go to the download tab and select "Use flash loader"

pastedImage_2.png

-Alex

0 Kudos

tom_m
Contributor I

My concern is on having the step by step instructions if there is something needed to load the Quad SPI flash or knowing what causes the Quad SPI flash to be loaded from the development IDE being used.

Best Regards

Tom M

0 Kudos