Motor calibrations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor calibrations

ArifKamal
Contributor I

Hi, i bought the HGDRONEK66 and all connection and assembly i followed through the gitbook, but out of the four motors, one doesnt rotate. i tried switching the esc with different motors, others work fine with it. so the motor is the problem. is there anyway to check if the motor is operable or it is just faulty as i received it? the motor just jitters when i tried calibrating it and doesnt spins. havent tried flying yet. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

dk7xe
Contributor II

My guess is that u are using M3 screws that are too long. It is mentioned in the instruction that the short M3 screws included need to be used. Otherwise there is a risc of shortening the coils on the motor. Please check that.

@iaingalloway 

0 Kudos

ArifKamal
Contributor I

Nope, im using the short screws like the ones suggested in the gitbook. I even tried calibrating the motor in question without the screws screwed in. It only jitters when i tried.

0 Kudos

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok. Sorry about the motor problem. You can get a replacement from NXP. I'll send you a private email 

0 Kudos

iaingalloway
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

FWIW - jittering would suggest that only two of the three windings are connected. If you felt like it, you could measure resistance between each combination of two of the three wires.

(But this is just for interest sake, no issue in replacing the motor from NXP side)

0 Kudos