Customer run on the same source code for MC56F84766 with the same CW 10.6 but different system. It was found that one of the system have a line containing S307020000000000F6 has been removed. What could be the scenario that could cause this line being deleted. Enclosed is the S record comparison.
Are you referring to the DSC linker option?
If so, the same setting are being used.
The only difference that the one that do not got deleted is using Drive C and the one that got deleted is on Drive D. Don't think that could cause the issue right?
Hello Hui Peng
Below is the description for S-record format.
It seems that S307020000000000F6 does not contain any valid data. Because it is an address in Data RAM. It should be removed from S-record file.
Please compare the MAP file of these two projects. If the MAP files are same, then compare the version of linker.
TIC - Technical Information Center
MAP files are the same
Where do I find the linker version?
Is the linker inside CW installation folder?
I would check these things from most to least likely:
1. Do both systems have the same set of updates to CW 10.6 installed?
2. Are the options in the projects set identically?
3. Is the java version on the system the same?
4. Is the OS the same on both computers with the same updates (this is least likely cause).
Following is the answer to your questions:
1. Do both systems have the same set of updates to CW 10.6 installed? Yes
2. Are the options in the projects set identically? Project setting should be the same as it came from SVN
3. Is the java version on the system the same? The one that have issue is V6 and the one that have no issue is V8 but when the refresh both to V8, the problem still exist
4. Is the OS the same on both computers with the same updates (this is least likely cause). Both Win7