cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Programmer for DSP56807

javmol
Contributor I

Hello,

I need a USB programmer for the DSP56807 device.

Until now I used a parallel port programmer, but we no longer have PCs with this interface or the parallel port cards in Windows 7 or 10 do not work.

We have acquired the CodeWarrior USB TAP programmer and we thought that with the Flash Programmer tool it would work, but it seems that it only supports DSP 56800E.

In some forums, they indicate that from the Codewarrior software the DSP56807 can be programmed with the USB TAP programmer, but we do not see how it works.

We need a solution, since in the production plant we are almost without resources to be able to record.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

javmol
Contributor I
I'm going to try to generate a .elf file and try from codewarrior.
Thanks for your help
0 Kudos

javmol
Contributor I
It is an old design, which is not possible to redesign to add the option of loading through bootloader, it is necessary to maintain compatibility and support with everything supplied to our customers.
I have the "CodeWarrior for 56800E Digital Signal Controllers v8.3" installed, but it is an environment that I do not know and I do not find the option to program through the USP-TAP, until now the files we used were with extension ".s" + ".cfg" configuration and we loaded them using the "flash_over_jtag.exe" through the parallel port; I think, to use the CodeWarrior, the files with extension ".elf" are necessary, is that so ?, could you indicate me what is the way to record through the CodeWarrior.
Regards and thanks for everything.
Javier.
0 Kudos

dynapb
Contributor IV

I have never tried downloading code using just a .S file.  I always have had the full set of code in the project.

I am not familiar with what files the debugger needs to be able to download code from a .S file if it even can.

Maybe someone else is more familiar with that.

Do you have any backup of the CW project and the CW version that it was created under?  That may be the best alternative.

Pete

0 Kudos

dynapb
Contributor IV

Hi Jav

The only way I know of to program the 56F807 using the USB TAP is through the CW Classic IDE.  That is very slow but works.  I use the Classic IDE on Win7.

The 807 website shows the Flash Programming Tool for the 807 from the Eclipse IDE but I have never used it.

Do you have a serial interface going to SCI0 on the 807?  If so you can download code using the serial bootloader and that is much faster and is the way we do it.

Pete

0 Kudos