cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC56F82748 bin file modification.

Jump to solution
terrybogard
Contributor II

MC56F82748 I need add some header information to bin file for bootloader, is there any suggestion about how to modify the bin file?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I do not think it is okay to modify the *.bin file directly. As a workaround, you can change your application code, for example in your application code, in a specific address, you can write header, mark, version of application code so that the bootloader can read the version from the specific address.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Terry,

I do not think you can change or add something in the *.bin, because the *.bin is binary file, it is binary code directly.

If you use S-Record file, you can add header part with S0 as prefix.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun rong

0 Kudos
terrybogard
Contributor II

Hi xiangjun,

According to our customer's requirement, i should offer bin files for updating which should contain some header information, so updating can be judged whether should be conduct.

as your opinion, is this unreachable?

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I do not think it is okay to modify the *.bin file directly. As a workaround, you can change your application code, for example in your application code, in a specific address, you can write header, mark, version of application code so that the bootloader can read the version from the specific address.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos
terrybogard
Contributor II

Hi xiangjun,

I agree your opinion, but how I can add the header mark into the bin by add them in application code? can you give an example? thanks.

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I attach the MC56F83XXBLUM.PDF, pls refer to the section 1.1.7.1 User’s Application Bootloader Configuration, which writes the BOOT_START_DELAY and BOOT_VERSION_PROMPT constants to a specified location by application code. Pls refer to the section.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos