Hi

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramakrishnadutt
Contributor I

I am using almost all peripherals in my project like PWM, ADC, DAC, TIMERS ETC.,,

I am using M656F82748 DSC

I am having two projects: 1. Application Project  2. Bootloader Project

Now  I am trying to link app project with bootloader project.

I am new to this linker file.

please help me how to write/modify the linker file of application project, so that it will link correctly to the bootloader project.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For how write the link command file, please refer to <Chapter 7 ELF Linker> in the DSC build tools reference, which locates under CW10.6 folder:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\Help\PDF\MCU_DSC_Compiler.pdf

For how to modify the link command file in application project so that it can be supported by bootloader, please refer to section 5 in this AN:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4759.pdf

I attached a link command file in my application project which supports to be loaded by bootloader for your reference.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For how write the link command file, please refer to <Chapter 7 ELF Linker> in the DSC build tools reference, which locates under CW10.6 folder:

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\Help\PDF\MCU_DSC_Compiler.pdf

For how to modify the link command file in application project so that it can be supported by bootloader, please refer to section 5 in this AN:

http://cache.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4759.pdf

I attached a link command file in my application project which supports to be loaded by bootloader for your reference.

Best Regards

Fiona Kuang

Technical Information & Commercial Support

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
ramakrishnadutt
Contributor I

Ok thanks for your answer,

I understood how to write the sections part in .cmd file.

Can u please tell me how to start with the memory part.

0 Kudos