DSP56F801?? Is there any way to program the DSP56F801 from Win7 64bit?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP56F801?? Is there any way to program the DSP56F801 from Win7 64bit?

colinwhitehead
Contributor I

I've inherited a product that uses the DSP56F801. Modifications to it's firmware must be made and I'm having trouble re-flashing the micro. I know that they used to use Flash_over_JTAG from XP, a long time ago. Unfortunately after numerous PC upgrades, and staff changes, this will no longer work. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

56800E Flash Programmer only works  for 56800E products, it does not support 56F801. Flash_over_JTAG does not work on Windows 7.

In order to program 56F801 on Windows 7, please use CodeWarrior  v8.3 with USBTAP.  CW8.3 can be downloaded  from:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW-56800E-DSC

The introduction for USBTAP can be found at:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=USBTAP_DSC

To support USBTAP debugging on Windows 7, user needs to install the new CCS update, please search 'AN4338' on Freescale's website (www.freescale.com), and follow the instructions in it to install the update.

Best Regards

Fiona

Technical Information & Commercial Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jancoufal
Contributor I

Hello

I am not familiar with Flash over JTAG tool, but we use 56800E Flash Programmer tool in production. It works in newer versions of OS.

I checked the user guide and there is written following paragraph:

"The 56800E Flash Programmer is provided in two forms. The first is command-line oriented to allow easy integration with scripts. The second is a GUI running under windows to allow easy rapid Flash loading onto the target device. The command line version is backwards compatible with the old Flash over JTAG tool"

Hope it helps

Jan Coufal

0 Kudos