cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotive NXP A1E05

BlackSnow
Contributor I

Dear NXP staff

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to request assistance with understanding the pin definition of the NXP A1E05 chip that is integrated into a keyfob evaluation for the security of remote keyless entry.

I am hoping to identify any potential vulnerabilities in the communication between the keyfob and the main MCU on the target car, and understanding the pin definition of this chip would be a critical step in this process. Could you please provide me with any available documentation for this chip, or explain the pin functions to me directly? BTW the package is in QFP 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Lorenzo_Mch_IT
Contributor IV

(Obi-Wan Kenobi voice) That's not the chip you are looking for. (/Obi-Wan Kenobi voice)

Look for NCF29A1MHN (NXP A1E05 NCF29A1MHN/0500I or something like that).

You can find more details here:
https://www.nxp.com/products/security-and-authentication/secure-car-access/tiny-single-chip-passive-...

Publicly available information is limited to the chip package specification, for all the juicy stuff I guess you will have to contact NXP and at the very least give them DNA and blood samples, pass a poligraph test, show proof that you will order a bunch of those chips and finally sign an NDA. 

0 Kudos