Windows 7 (x64) and M52259DEMOKIT

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 (x64) and M52259DEMOKIT

FBou
Contributor I

Not helping UNTEL with is frustration is not helping other with the same CW 7.1 Windows 7 problem.

I also have a M52259DEMOKIT now waiting on a shelf for the proper information on how to install CW  7.1 on Windows 7 (X64). I was not able, after many days of search on this site and also after many install and uninstall, to get CW doing the job.

CW 7.1  was then  intalled on Window XP  and I was able to Make(build) the web_hvac_m5229demo.mcp project , but trying to RUN it give this message : "ColdFire GDI Protocol Adapter : Cant'load gdi.dll.

I found many messages post about this probelm without any reel solution.

UNTEL makes me realize that M52259DEMOKIT is not the only board / software  (not only from Freescale) that I put on that shelf insted of buildind frustrations.

FBou

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

As far as I know, Codewarrior for Coldfire 7.1 cannot be installed on Win7.  But I believe I have read someone managing to do it. What they did was install it on a Windows XP system and then copy the entire program folder onto the Windows 7 system. After this is done, run the file regservers.bat, which is located in the subfolder bin.

It's just a suggestion, I never tried it myself...

By the way, do not forget to also install the 7.1.2 update, available ffrom the Freescale web site.

0 Kudos

untel
Contributor I

That's a good suggestion FBou.

I will install a shelf where I can put  my sotware/hardware  frustrations and let them cooldown before posting messages.

I realize that i had a bad ColdFire reaction, sorry members.

Thanks

UNTEL

0 Kudos