Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V1

orac
Contributor I
Hi Everyone,

The V1 was annouced last July.

Does anyone know when the data-sheets for the actual chips will be put-up on the web?

Or, is the V1 vapor-wear?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello Orac,

Your private messages are disabled so I indicate here that your post was moved to ColdFire board as V1 is ColdFire V1 and is not CodeWarrior Development Tool.

For those wondering what this question is all about, you can refer to the Controller Continuum Page.

I do not have details about customer sample availability. However I know for a fact that these are not "vapor-wear" :smileywink:
Freescale has not invented that process yet, may be it is a patentable idea ?!! :smileyvery-happy:

Cheers,
Alban.
0 Kudos

oldnewbie
Contributor I
Dear Alban being the Main Moderator seems to me like a responsible job.
I hope you will answer my question with this responsibility in mind.

When will we see actual Coldfire V1 parts?

I'm asking you because the information I found on the Freescale site is rather old and vague.
I'm also puzzled by Freescale relaxed attitude regarding the lowend 32bit MCU marked.
Last time I looked there were several strong offerings from competitors.
It would grace Freescale if they were a bit more forthcoming with information.

Regards Eelco Deutekom.
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello Eelco Deutekom,

As you mentioned, I am Moderator of these Forums.
I have absolutely no right to disclose more than what is already made public by the Marketing team. Doing otherwise would not be professional.
Anyway, I do not know more as I don't work with these products.
Published articles probably mention either a launch date or start of sampling.

If a Marketer is reading, he/she might be willing to release more.
I am relaying your concerns to the Team.

Regards,
Alban.

Message Edited by Alban on 2007-02-05 01:48 PM

0 Kudos

freegeek
Contributor III
We are working with alpha customers right now and will distribute parts very soon, general availability will depend upon how well that works out but we expect public availability shortly.
0 Kudos

oldnewbie
Contributor I
Sorry I don't mean to be rude.

Very soon and shortly to me are relative terms.
Could you be more specific?
Are we talking weeks, months, have a year, a year?
If you are this close why not give us a glimpse of what is coming?
Something to help get us started see what the real thing will be like.

My guess is that you will see different clients flocking to these V1 core devices than you are used to. And maybe these new clients need an other approach. I think that at some point they will expect you to giveaway a free and not to restricted software development package. And they might not follow you because you are the great Freescale but also take a good look at what other vendors are offering and just as easily go shop somewhere else. Let me put blunt you got to keep them "entertained" with interesting and above all real world offerings.

Regards Eelco Deutekom.
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Good Evening,

Few are customers that only take "the great Freescale" as the only reason to use Freescale products.:smileywink:
If Freescale is #1 Automotive MCU manufacturer, there has to be at least a bit more to it... :smileyvery-happy:

Personally, I believe that one good way not to receive insults from customers is to release products when they are somewhat ready.

"very soon" and "shortly" are subjective terms, yes. I imagine that if a date was set in stone it would have been given to you. The reason for the lack of precise date was also mentioned in the answer.

We could have been given the "32nd Brumaire 2007" as public availability, but if it's not respected, what is it worth ?!

Regards,
Alban.

PS: 'Brumaire' is a month of the French revolution calendar where fog was often present.

0 Kudos

Oldnewbe2
Contributor I
Hello,

How does one read the newly published coldfire V1 roadmap?
The Coldfire V1 general purpose core marker spans more than halve of 2007.
Will the part be here in May 2007, September 2007 or January 2008?
Compared to the old roadmap it seems like everything is pushed back have a year. Why the delay?
Are there technological difficulties?
Is marketing holding back the release?
Please tell us what is going on.

Regards,
Eelco Deutekom.
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello Eelco,

Freescale roadmaps usually read as follow:
The start of the block means that the samples are available,
The end of the block is generally either qualification or available for mass production.

I know the silicon exists and works. I don't know if it was pushed or any reason linked as I don't follow these products.
May be they are waiting for a special marking event to launch the product ?

Alban.
0 Kudos

Oldnewbe2
Contributor I
Alban,

Will the new coldfire V1 core chips be introduced at the July 2007 Freescale Technology Forum?

Regards Eelco.

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hello,

It could be a good occasion indeed.
However I'm not in the confidence circle, so I can only make suppositions.

Alban.
0 Kudos

Oldnewbe2
Contributor I
Hello Alban,

Do you know anyone from this confidence circle?
Could you ask them?

Regards Eelco.

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Sorry Eelco,

Yes, No.
Products not launched are Confidential.
Information about these are only available under Non Disclosure Agreement.

However, if you are genuinely interested in the product to design it in, I may be able to pass your details to someone.
In that case, please send the details you are willing to release to me via Private Message.

I don't like to do big secrets, but I need to respect how FSL do things... at least sometimes!

Kind Regards,
Alban.
0 Kudos

Oldnewbe2
Contributor I
Hello Alban,

Thank you for your kind offer. Considering my situation I don't think I would be very profitable customer for Freescale. I will wait patiently and see what happens.

Regards Eelco.

0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi again Eelco,

Trying to find how to give you information without being beaten up by Freescale, I went to read the FTF Agenda.

Controller Continuum
JW Marriott Ballroom, Salon A

The Controller Continuum Meet-the-Experts room provides a casual, open-door atmosphere with direct access to the experts behind the industry’s first compatible 8-bit and 32-bit architectures. Join a roundtable discussion, meet one-on-one with technology experts, get hands-on with innovative tools, or sit down and dig deep into a development system with guided assistance. Join us in this fun and informal environment to learn the latest about 8-bit and 32-bit microcontroller compatibility, and get on the design fast track with development tools and samples.

Looks like you have your answer to me :smileywink: It would be difficult for the experts to talk about something they don't have...

Alban.
0 Kudos

oldnewbie
Contributor I
When can we expect actual ColdFire V1 core chips?
0 Kudos