Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-ML-CFE Rev. D not working with CW 7.2  in debug mode with MCF52235

Jump to solution
lupogrigio
Contributor III

Dear freescalers,

I reported here a problem found working with the Rev. D of the USB Coldfire Multilik debugger. In fact 

until yesterday I was working with success with the Rev. C of the debugger. Now, I have bought a new

MCF52235EVB board to do a new work, and that board arrived equipped with the Rev. D of the programmer.

Well, with this programmer I can't debug in RAM my applications. When I try to do this an error occurs (' loose of communication'). When I use my old programmer (Rev. C) this error does't occur, and I can debug with success 

my applications.

The erase and flash procedure work fine.

Some of you have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lupogrigio
Contributor III

I' ve solved the problem.

The reason why both  USB-ML-CFE Rev. D and USB Multilink Universal don't work on CW 7.2 is the need to replace a .DLL file on the CW Program Folder.

Here the details:

To make the BDM works correctly is necessary to replace the file "unit_cfz.dll" in the folder: 

C:\Programmi\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.2\bin\Plugins\Support\ColdFire\pemicro

with the newer version of the file attached to the post, that you can also find in the MQX Folder:

C:\Programmi\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\tools\flash_programmer\CFFlashprog

I have attached to this mail the version of the file that I have received from the PE Micro Support Team.

Best Regards

L.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lupogrigio
Contributor III

I' ve solved the problem.

The reason why both  USB-ML-CFE Rev. D and USB Multilink Universal don't work on CW 7.2 is the need to replace a .DLL file on the CW Program Folder.

Here the details:

To make the BDM works correctly is necessary to replace the file "unit_cfz.dll" in the folder: 

C:\Programmi\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.2\bin\Plugins\Support\ColdFire\pemicro

with the newer version of the file attached to the post, that you can also find in the MQX Folder:

C:\Programmi\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\tools\flash_programmer\CFFlashprog

I have attached to this mail the version of the file that I have received from the PE Micro Support Team.

Best Regards

L.

0 Kudos
kenneth
Contributor I

Where is the file?

0 Kudos