cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP solution for MCF523x

Arev
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using a Freescale MCF5234/5235 and need to support the following Ethernet protocols

TCP/UDP/IP

DHCP (RFC2131)

DNS (RFC1034,RFC1035)

IGMP v2 (RFC2236)

DiffServ (RFC2474)

NTP v3 (RFC1305)

VLAN (IEEE802.1Q)

Does anyone know a RTOS and IP Stack that support these protocols for my platform.

VLAN, NTP and DiffServ are not supported by a lot of embedded systems.

Thanks for help

Bye,

<< Freescale MCF5234/35 with CodeWarrior 6.4 >>

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ChrisJohns
Contributor I

Hi,

I have not run these specific protocols but many others not normally found in embedded real time system such as IMAP using RTEMS. The way I did this was to embed Python. It comes with all sorts of excellent and well written protocols including (from a quick Google) WSDL and SOAP. Things like NTP are directly supported by RTEMS.

I found the performance compared to the traffic flow acceptable and I still had RTEMS running all the real time parts of my application written in C++. The ability to just include a protocol and play was fastastic. We ended up writing parts of the application that handled the data in Python and just loaded the compiled Python code on the target file system.

RTEMS is http://www.rtems.org/

Regards

Chris

0 Kudos

Arev
Contributor III

Hello,

I need also to support

WSDL and SOAP

Bye

0 Kudos

sirlenzelot
Contributor II

Hi Arev,

have a look at Nucleus by Mentor Graphics. I'm not sure whether they support all of your wishes, but I know that there exist OSS SOAP Server, which you can implement.

vy73

Dirk

0 Kudos