Running oprofile on mcf5445x platforms

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running oprofile on mcf5445x platforms

mjlear
Contributor I

Hello all - I have an mcf54455 evb and I'm trying to run oprofile. I'm running 2.6.23 and 2.6.25 kernels (the former from ltib-mcf5445x-20071214, the latter obtained from the gpp). However, both kernels are missing the config options to enable profiling. It seems, to all intents and purposes, that profiling just isn't supported in the coldfire kernels. Is this correct?

Has anybody actually got oprofile running and working successfully on coldfire? I have had a dig around the forum and found various postings but nothing I can glean any information from.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

fsl_linux_spt
Contributor III

Oprofile is not supported.  I looked around on the internet and it does not look like this is supported on any coldfire processor.

Looking in the kernel source this option is dependent on HAVE_OPROFILE.  There are several arch/<specific_arch>/Kconfig files that "select HAVE_OPROFILE" but the m68k and m68knommu do not.

0 Kudos

mjlear
Contributor I
Apart from readprofile & /proc/profile (standard kernel profiling infrastructure), what profiling environment is supported on coldfire (if any)?
0 Kudos