Problem with flashing U-Boot onto MCF5485evb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with flashing U-Boot onto MCF5485evb

rgirme
Contributor I

I am trying to install Linux onto MCF5485EVB. My host system is CentOS. I have installed LTIB onto the host system. I have also installed CF Flasher(from Freescale site) and BDM drivers(from P&E Micro site). I have installed the drivers and CF flasher onto my host system using WINE. I am using LPT BDM interface for connecting host and target system.

When I try to program using CF flasher it gives me an error message saying "Could not initialize BDM device" .

What do I do? Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help..

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

fsl_linux_spt
Contributor III
CF Flasher has not been tested on wine.  You will need to run it from a windows box.
0 Kudos

rgirme
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to install Linux onto MCF5485EVB.

I need CF flasher for writing the bootloader onto MCF5485. So you suggest that I should run CF flasher and write the bootloader onto the processor using host system as Windows OS?

0 Kudos

rgirme
Contributor I

I have flashed the processor with u-boot using CF flasher and Windows XP as host system. But when I start minicom, the u-boot does not show up.

What could be the problem?

0 Kudos

fsl_linux_spt
Contributor III

There are a couple of things to check.  The first thing is to make sure the uboot you are using is built for 5485EVB and not the 5475EVB. 

Then make sure that you have the baud rate in minicom set to 115200, and that you are using the top serial port on the 5485EVB.

You can also check to make sure the serial cable that you are using is good.

- Coray

0 Kudos