Multilink and Vista problems

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilink and Vista problems

JeffB
Contributor I

I recently upgrade to a computer with Vista and am now having a few problems with the PE Multilink CF.  I have installed the latest drivers and I can get it to work with CF Flasher but have trouble with the CodeWarrior.

Most time when I click on debugger it get a message that the "Coldfire PE Protocol Adapter: No USB connection found".  But sometimes, it magically works.  Other times I have to unplug the Multilink from the USB port for a few minutes and then reconnect.

When it does work, if I kill the debug thread, it will not work the next time I try to start the debugger.

I had installed the CodeWarrior 7.1 before I updated the drivers. 

Has anyone had this trouble or a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

JeffB
Contributor I

Getting close but not there yet.

PE Micro indicated that to run under Vista that a new version of unit_cfz.dll needs to be in the CFFlasher directory and in C:\Window\System32. 

I did that and CFFlasher appears to be working.

I found an older version of the dll in C:\Program Files\Freescale\CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.1\bin\Plugins\Support\Coldfire\pemicro.

I replaced that dll with a new one and the Multilink works a little better in Codewarrior.  I still have to click the run button 2 or 3 times before it will find the device.

I'll keep at it, if anyone else had an idea I'm all ears.

0 Kudos

EdT
Contributor II

Hi Jeff,

You may find the following FAQ useful:

http://www.pemicro.com/faqs/faq_view.cfm?ID=103

It was written for the CF Flasher utility, but applies to CodeWarrior as well.

Best regards,

Edison

0 Kudos

butok
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jeff, 

>>get a message that the "Coldfire PE Protocol Adapter: No USB connection found". 

I had this type of issue with CW when CF Flasher is started (closing of the CF Flasher helped :smileywink:.

BTW:
I have very often not repetitive issues with CW Flasher.
But CF Flasher always works perfectly and faster.

Best regards,
Andrey Butok

0 Kudos

vier_kuifjes
Senior Contributor I

I once had a similar problem after upgrading my PC to Vista, but I never understood how it happened - see description in this thread:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CWCFCOMM&message.id=2661&query.id=59459...

0 Kudos