MCF52259 MQX RTC/interrupt issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCF52259 MQX RTC/interrupt issue

paulm
Contributor I
I'm having a problem with rtc interrupts with the MCF52269 and MQX. I'm building a simple clock module based on the rtc. I've enabled the 1Hz interrupt and installed an isr that triggers my code to update the display time every second. It's pretty simple, I guess I'm missing something stupid, but I just cant see it. The problem is that the module freezes after only running for between a few minutes and a couple of hours. It hasnt crashed, the debugger shows it's still running, but it's no longer responsive. Breaking into the app doesn't show anything odd, the stack trace doesnt point to any obvious problems. In my test app, all I have is this module running in the main mqx task, along with the display driver, and another task listening on a network port for incomming control signals. If I remove the interrupt code, and poll the rtc, it all works perfectly. The code is shown below, error checking has been removed for clarity. Odd things which may or may not be relevant - Chaining to the previous isr doesnt work. The code hangs immediately if this call is not commented out. The call to _int_get_isr_data() returns NULL. I'm not clear whether this is an actual error or whether the old isr simply has no data. Any insight would be most gratefully recieved. paulm /* globals */ typedef struct isrInfoStruct { void (_CODE_PTR_ oldIsr)(pointer); pointer oldIsrData; boolean isrDone; } isrInfo, _PTR_ isrInfoPtr; /* my isr */ void rtcIsr(pointer dataPtr) { uint_32 intSource; VMCF52XX_RTC_STRUCT_PTR rtc; rtc = _bsp_get_rtc_base_address(); /* check which interrupt */ intSource = rtcReadReg((pointer)&rtc->RTCISR, TRUE) & rtcReadReg((pointer)&rtc->RTCIENR, TRUE); if (intSource & (MCF52XX_RTC_RTCISR_1HZ)) ((isrInfoPtr)dataPtr)->isrDone = TRUE; /* Chain to the previous notifier */ //XXX DOESNT WORK - must be commented out (*((isrInfoPtr)dataPtr)->oldIsr)(((isrInfoPtr)dataPtr)->oldIsrData); isrInfoPtr info = (isrInfoPtr)dataPtr; (*info->oldIsr)(info->oldIsrData); /* clear interrupt flag(s) */ rtcWriteReg((pointer)&rtc->RTCISR, TRUE, intSource); } /* rtcIsr */ // In Main(): /* install rtc isr */ isrInfoPtr isrDataPtr = _mem_alloc_zero((_mem_size)sizeof(isrInfo)); isrDataPtr->oldIsr = _int_get_isr(_bsp_get_rtc_vector()); isrDataPtr->oldIsrData = _int_get_isr_data(MCF5225_INT_RTC); isrDataPtr->isrDone = FALSE; _int_install_isr(MCF5225_INT_RTC, rtcIsr, isrDataPtr); /* set up rtc */ /* ... */ retval = _rtc_int_enable(TRUE, MCF52XX_RTC_RTCIENR_1HZ); // In processing loop: if (isrDataPtr->isrDone) { /* do stuff once per sec */
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

paulm
Contributor I

Lets see if it works this time ...

I'm having a problem with rtc interrupts with the MCF52269 and MQX.

I'm building a simple clock module based on the rtc. I've enabled the 1Hz
interrupt and installed an isr that triggers my code to update the display time
every second.
It's pretty simple, I guess I'm missing something stupid, but I just can't see
it.

The problem is that the module freezes after only running for between a few
minutes and a couple of hours. It hasn't crashed, the debugger shows it's
still running, but it's no longer responsive. Breaking into the app doesn't
show anything odd, the stack trace doesn't point to any obvious problems.
In my test app, all I have is this module running in the main mqx task, along with
the display driver, and another task listening on a network port for incoming
control signals.

The code is shown below, error checking has been removed for clarity.
Odd things which may or may not be relevant -
Chaining to the previous isr doesn't work. The code hangs immediately if this
call is not commented out.
The call to _int_get_isr_data() returns NULL. I'm not clear whether this is
an actual error or whether the old isr simply has no data.

Any insight would be most gratefully recieved.

paulm

/* globals */
typedef struct isrInfoStruct
{
  void (_CODE_PTR_ oldIsr)(pointer);
  pointer oldIsrData;
  boolean isrDone;
} isrInfo, _PTR_ isrInfoPtr;

/* my isr */
void rtcIsr(pointer dataPtr)
{
  uint_32 intSource;
  VMCF52XX_RTC_STRUCT_PTR rtc;

rtc = _bsp_get_rtc_base_address();

/* check which interrupt */
  intSource = rtcReadReg((pointer)&rtc->RTCISR, TRUE) &
      rtcReadReg((pointer)&rtc->RTCIENR, TRUE);
  if (intSource & (MCF52XX_RTC_RTCISR_1HZ))
    ((isrInfoPtr)dataPtr)->isrDone = TRUE;

/* Chain to the previous notifier */
//XXX DOESNT WORK - must be commented out
  (*((isrInfoPtr)dataPtr)->oldIsr)(((isrInfoPtr)dataPtr)->oldIsrData);
  isrInfoPtr info = (isrInfoPtr)dataPtr;
  (*info->oldIsr)(info->oldIsrData);

/* clear interrupt flag(s) */
  rtcWriteReg((pointer)&rtc->RTCISR, TRUE, intSource);
}  /* rtcIsr */

// In Main():
  /* install rtc isr */
  isrInfoPtr isrDataPtr = _mem_alloc_zero((_mem_size)sizeof(isrInfo));
  isrDataPtr->oldIsr = _int_get_isr(_bsp_get_rtc_vector());
  isrDataPtr->oldIsrData = _int_get_isr_data(MCF5225_INT_RTC);
  isrDataPtr->isrDone = FALSE;

_int_install_isr(MCF5225_INT_RTC, rtcIsr, isrDataPtr);

/* set up rtc */
  /* ... */

retval = _rtc_int_enable(TRUE, MCF52XX_RTC_RTCIENR_1HZ);

// In processing loop:
    if (isrDataPtr->isrDone) {
      /* do stuff once per sec */

0 Kudos

SimonMarsden_de
Contributor II

It'd be interesting to know why you have to comment that code out. Do you need to check for a NULL value of oldIsr?

Maybe the problem of freezing is unrelated to this code? For example, if interrupts are getting fenced somewhere else, the ISR would stop being called. At the time of the freeze, have you checked that interrupt fence in the SR, and also the bits in the IMRH/IMRL registers in the interrupt controller?

Does the problem still occur if you remove all other code, e.g. the task listening on the network port?

0 Kudos

paulm
Contributor I
OldIsr is not NULL. As far as I can see, MQX doesn't use the 1Hz isr though, so oldIsr should be just the default isr. I'll continue to track down why this code needs to be commented out, but my gut feeling is that this is a red herring. I've removed the network task, to no avail. Next I'll remove all the display code (uses qspi) to eliminate any interraction there. I cant work on this any more today though, I'll have to pick it up again on Monday. Thanks for the suggestions. paulm
0 Kudos

paulm
Contributor I
This line endings problem is proving rather stubborn, so I've included my code as an attachment so that at least that is readable (I hope). paulm
0 Kudos

paulm
Contributor I
Sorry about the unreadable message - there appears to be a line ending issue. I'll repost this in a readable form shortly. paulm
0 Kudos