M52259DEMOKIT TCP/IP Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M52259DEMOKIT TCP/IP Problem

SurferMC
Contributor I

I am using the M52259DEMOKIT and I encountered a problem while running through the labs that are provided in the MQX lab tutorial guide. In lab3 in the MQX lab tutorial guide, when I plug in the crossover ethernet cable into my PC and have it also plugged into the ethernet port on the  M52259DEMOKIT board, my PC can never connect to the board.  When I look at network connections on my PC, this connection goes from connected to network cable unplugged continuously forever. Does anyone know how to fix this problem??

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

fish_yu
Contributor III

i have ever encounter a same problem. Firstly, You must update the firmware of JM60.You must download it from freescale web http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=M52259DEMOKIT&nodeId=0162468rH3YTLC00...http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=M52259DEMOKIT&nodeId=0162468rH3YTLC00...

The file name is OSBDM-JM60 Firmware .About step of update,you may see a file in it.At then,You also must update the codewarrior 7.1 with service pack 7.1.1 and 7.1.2.

The secondly, It is very importantly.

You must open the project which you want to debug and run in codewarrior for coldfire.

And You must build the project and link it without errors.

At then, You mus click a menu named tool on the menu bar.

You may see a fuction named flash programmer

Firstly,You must select load setting and select a file named MCF52259_INTFLASH.xml.And You also select OSBDM-V2-V4 JM60 in connection way.

Secondly, You must select Erase/Blank Check on the left side.

At that time, on the right side, You may see a button named Erase.

You must click it to erase you r flash rom of your MCF52259.

Thirdly, You must click the Program/Vertify on the left side. On the right side, You must click a button named program for download the hex code into flash rom of mcf52259.

Now,You have done successfully.

Finally, You must connect all the wire and line to your computer.

At that time, You may press your reset button to run the code.Or,You also click debug button that is in the codewarrior to run the code,At then, You may study the code in stepinto mode.

I have a video that got from freescale about the problem.

You may mail to me.

My e-mail: tjrfyty@163.com

MSN: tjrfyty@163.com

0 Kudos