M5213EVB Evaluation Board and eCos

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5213EVB Evaluation Board and eCos

anej
Contributor I
According to eCosCentric the M5213EVB will be distributed with an eCosPro Starter Kit:
http://ecoscentric.com/news/press-061012.shtml

Freescale does not mention this on the M5213EVB product page. Will I get the eCosPro Starter Kit if I order an M5213EVB from Freescale today?

Best Regards,
Anders
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

JWW
Contributor V
Anders,

Future 5213EVB boards are planned to come with a eCosPro starter CD for the 5213.  The CDs were suppose to arrive awhile back.  Need to check and see if they are in the new kits.  I'll post to the forum when I find out.

Just wanted to drop you a quick note. 

-JWW

0 Kudos

JWW
Contributor V
All:

CDs have arrived. They are being added to the 5213EVB kits.

-JWW
0 Kudos

anej
Contributor I
I ordered an M5213EVBE 1/Mar/2007 and received it yesterday. I got it specifically in order to evaluate eCosPro but the CD was not included. Without the CD I am prepared to return the board. What do I have to do to get the CD?

/Anders
0 Kudos

JWW
Contributor V
All:

eCos CDs are suppose to be in the kits as of last Thursday March 8th...

This took longer than we expected. 

If anybody ordered their 5213EVB, like Anders did, before March 8th and would like an eCos disk, please let Freescale customer support know.

I've re-installed my copy today and it works.  I can debug hello world with GDB and a P&E USB wiggler.

FYI..

-JWW
0 Kudos

JWW
Contributor V
Anders,

Send an email to Freescale Customer support or open a service request on the website. Please just indicate that you are missing your eCos CD in your 5213EVB box, and we will send you one ASAP. Make sure to include address and telephone number so we can ship it priority.

Sorry for the delay and confusion.. The CDs are being added to the boxes, but there has been a lag in getting kitted boards updated.

If other's have recently purchased a 5213EVB from Freescale, you too can request a CD by submitting a customer support ticket.

Once you receive your CD, you will install it and the install process will request that you email eCoscentric to get a license key that will allow you to finish the install. The license is free, just an email to eCoscentric and you'll be up and running. They are normally quite fast at responding with license keys. It is simply a registration process.

Hope this helps.

-JWW
0 Kudos