cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JM BADGE Trouble.

Jump to solution
hennikl
Contributor I

Hi. I just got a JM Badge yesterday to try it with Windows 7 Sensor & Location platform (+SDK), and tried really hard to get my computer to recognize it as a sensor. I may have tried too hard, because now all I can do is connect it to my computer and 'press E4 for bootloader'. It looks as if the power switch doesn't even work. What have I done wrong and how am I going to reset it?

Additional info:

In Device Manager, it appears as a Disk drive, and in the HID-section, I have three entries, none of which I can identify as the Badge. 

The trouble may have started as I tried to drop a sample S19-program over to the disk.

When I tried to install the drivers with the "Windows7SensorDevKit" it couldn't recognize my device.

Thank you

--Henning

Message Edited by hennikl on 2009-10-14 08:17 AM
Message Edited by hennikl on 2009-10-14 08:20 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mnorman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To get HID demo out of the box, you should:

1) Plug the board into a USB Host (power switch can be ON or OFF, doesn't matter)

2) Press any button other than E4 (e.g. E5)

3) Press E5 to enter HID and music demo (so, just press E5 twice after plugging in USB)

You should see D83 lit (RED) and top left LED in matrix lit as well.  Moving the board around should move the cursor. E1, E2, and E3 are left, right and middle clicks, respectively.  If you press E8 now you are going to enter the Music demo and would have to unplug and start over to get back to the HID mouse demo.

If you have indeed flashed the board with another image, you will want to replace that image with the original one.  It is on the DVD (extract "Windows 7 Sensor Development Kit.zip" and look in Firmware\Binaries), and I've posted it here as well.  Enter bootloader more (press E4 after plugging into USB) and drag-drop this .s19 into the new removable drive that should show up in "My Computer".

If you have Windows 7 and the drivers installed, then press E8 twice following USB connection to enter the Win 7 sensor mode.

BadgeSensorsGreenBootloader_S19.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-15 10:30 AM

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hennikl
Contributor I
Oh, wow this is awesome! Thank you for helping out, I was certain I had messed up everything. Well, now I'm up all night. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
mnorman
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

To get HID demo out of the box, you should:

1) Plug the board into a USB Host (power switch can be ON or OFF, doesn't matter)

2) Press any button other than E4 (e.g. E5)

3) Press E5 to enter HID and music demo (so, just press E5 twice after plugging in USB)

You should see D83 lit (RED) and top left LED in matrix lit as well.  Moving the board around should move the cursor. E1, E2, and E3 are left, right and middle clicks, respectively.  If you press E8 now you are going to enter the Music demo and would have to unplug and start over to get back to the HID mouse demo.

If you have indeed flashed the board with another image, you will want to replace that image with the original one.  It is on the DVD (extract "Windows 7 Sensor Development Kit.zip" and look in Firmware\Binaries), and I've posted it here as well.  Enter bootloader more (press E4 after plugging into USB) and drag-drop this .s19 into the new removable drive that should show up in "My Computer".

If you have Windows 7 and the drivers installed, then press E8 twice following USB connection to enter the Win 7 sensor mode.

BadgeSensorsGreenBootloader_S19.zip

Message Edited by t.dowe on 2009-10-15 10:30 AM
0 Kudos