cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C on JM128

ariclowe
Contributor I

Hello,

Im trying to communicate with an LCD via the JM128 demo board.   Im also using the Processor Expert software to generate the code. I have the IIC enabled with the jumpers on the demo board, initialized the I2C within my code, set the baud rate (less than 100kbps), and set the slave address.  Regardless, any attempt to communicate with the device is unsuccessful and receive an ERR_Busy reply.  Anyone out there have any experience working with I2C on this platform? Im new to the whole thing so Im not really even sure where to start troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Aric

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jah123
Contributor I

Ariclowe:

Please verify the slave address.  In the IIC bean of PE, it expects the slave address to be shifted right once.  For instance, if your display has an address of 0x50, you need to shift right and enter 0x28 in the IIC bean.

Joe

0 Kudos

cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please check the attached code, there is the IIC driver and its test code, it's used on another V1 core device as JM128, you may need to modify the code to make it run on JM128, such as IIC port configure, it might be on a different pin.

The code can work both as master and slave and also you can choose output debugging information on UART.

0 Kudos

carlospalma
Contributor I

Hello, could you post the code again?, I see no link to download it.

0 Kudos