cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the FTF JM Badge to work with Windows 7 Sensor development

dicksonfu
Contributor I

Hi support,

I obtained my JM Badge (JMBadge) Rev C at FTF China 2008.

Just aware that Microsoft has an interesting stuff for Windows 7, with the introduction of the newer version known as JMBADGE2008-B (aka Rev D). The only difference I know is adding the the ambient light sensing (ALS) in order to support the Windows 7 Sensor development kit.

From the software/firmware perspective, I want to know if it is possible to run the Windows 7 sensor code package on Rev C board without the ambient light support.

And, from the hardware perspective, is it possible to modify the Rev C board to JMBADGE2008-B (aka Rev D) by adding the ambient light sensor (ALS).  Any other things I need to mod?

Wish to find someway to extend the usage of Rev C, as there are already a large group of Rev C owner aquired through the previous FTF events.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

dicksonfu
Contributor I

Any people can give me some hints on the JMBadge applicability for the Windows 7 sensor development as stated above?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

fish_yu
Contributor III

I consider that you also do that. But the function may be lack of light sensor.

In fact,I regard that there is not a big difference between the B verson and C verson.

Well, you know, The MCF51JM128 has a USB OTG Function on it. I think that the last windows OS will communicate with it by using their a usb port.

You,perhaps, also will make another conmuniction, let's take a random example, You may use RS232 , Or ,You also use USB HID and so on.

But if you do that, I strongly suggest you may read CMX-USB-STACK user manual.

还有啊,你应该尝试的去改写人家的代码,这不算剽窃,这叫移植。

0 Kudos

dicksonfu
Contributor I

fish_yu wrote:

I consider that you also do that. But the function may be lack of light sensor.

In fact,I regard that there is not a big difference between the B verson and C verson.

Well, you know, The MCF51JM128 has a USB OTG Function on it. I think that the last windows OS will communicate with it by using their a usb port.

You,perhaps, also will make another conmuniction, let's take a random example, You may use RS232 , Or ,You also use USB HID and so on.

But if you do that, I strongly suggest you may read CMX-USB-STACK user manual.

还有啊,你应该尝试的去改写人家的代码,这不算剽窃,这叫移植。

Thanks for your reply.

I have never seens Rev B.  Indeed, as I said before, the Microsoft Windows 7 Sensor board is Rev D. I know Freescale has given a very awful if not confusing naming convention.

I really want to know anybody successfully run the Microsoft Windows 7 Sensor software package with the FTF JM Badge Rev C.

To take one step further, in case I need to add an ambient light sensor, any circuit diagram available for reference?

0 Kudos

fish_yu
Contributor III

If you want to reply to my message, Please Write in englsih.

0 Kudos