Error flashing bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error flashing bootloader

BufferGHz
Contributor I

I installed CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.1.

I am experiencing an error that says 'error: connect failed' after loading MCF52259_INTFLASH.xml and clicking program. I am using the P&E ColdFire Multilink JTAG. 

Please let me know how this can be resolved.

Captureerror1.png

0 Kudos
9 Replies

Jones_O
Contributor I

Thanks for the information,

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The P&E USB-ML-CFE (USB ColdFire Multilink) has been discontinued. The recommended replacement part is the all-in-one Multilink Universal. Most software products will support the Multilink Universal transparently. I think there missing USB ColdFire Multilink driver for your PC so far. Please check here for the detailed info from P&E USB ColdFire Multilink webpage.

If possible, customer can use the CodeWarrior for MCUs IDE V11.1, which also supports MCF5225x product. The embedded [Flash Programmer] tool supports MCF5225x Flash, please check below picture for the detailed info:

2020-10-12_11-18-22.jpg

Wish it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos

BufferGHz
Contributor I

@Hui_Ma Thanks, i will try installing the driver. It may be possible that it is missing. 

0 Kudos

BufferGHz
Contributor I

Is it possible that CF flasher needs to be used. The original instructions call for CF flasher. 

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I checked the latest CF Flasher software was released at 2011.

It should works with old version Windows OS, such as Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP

You could install a virtual marchine to run those old Windows system. Thanks.

While, for the Win10/Win7 OS, it is recommend to update and using latest CodeWarrior software or P&E provided standalone programmer software: PROGCFZ.

Thanks for the attention.

0 Kudos

BufferGHz
Contributor I

@Hui_Ma When attempting to update with CodeWarrior i am prompted with Error: connect failed. Does this possibly mean a driver is missing?

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check Windows [Device Manager] if there with [USB Multilink 2.0] displayed:

Hui_Ma_0-1603074302170.png

If not, that means the device doesn't be recognized as expected.

Thanks for the attention.

Mike

0 Kudos

BufferGHz
Contributor I

@Hui_Ma I do have [USB Multilink 2.0] listed, thank you very much for the guidance and support. It is still saying Error: connect failed. It is possible that a setting is incorrect in the setup. Please see picture. I was thinking that the directory where Freescale is downloaded is incorrect.

2_52259.PNG

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

First of all, Please check if P&E USB Mulitilink tool both LED are lighted (traget board was powered already). I couldn't find there with any setting issue with above attached picture.

CodeWarrior for ColdFire V7.1 is quite old, which supported PC OS is Microsoft Windows® XP/Vista (32-bit).

I would recommend  customer to install latest CodeWarrior for MCU V11.1 and create a quite simple project for MCF52259. Then customer can use embedded [Flash programmer] tool to program file to MCF52259. Please check below picture for the detailed info:

2020-10-20_9-44-44.jpg

Wish it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos