cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVB52223 HID Example for USB, Implementation Problems, need Help

Bartington
Contributor I
Hello

I'm trying to set usb up to talk to a PC from my EVB52223.
I runned the HID example. In that program when a reset occurs from the PC, a token DNE interrupt occurs in the same time (as it should be).
In My program the reset occurs but not the token DNE (dialog with PC impossible then)

The registers before the  Usb interrupt are identical before the reset occurs
GPIO QS UA and UC port registers are identical,
the buffer descriptors are placed at the same address, control registers of ep0 are identical in both programs (buffer address differs but that shouldn't matter, should it?).
I'm using the oscillator clock for 48MHZ input.  
The control of the MAX3353 are exactly the same (0x0 in 0x11 and 0x14 in  0x10).

The register at the time of the interrupt differs only because of the absence of that token DNE interrupt.

I've been stuck now for a while and i'm running out of idea

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

PopsStack
Contributor I
Hi Olivier

Did you manage to resolve your problem. I am still battling to get the stuff implemented on my 52223EVB. I have been trying to run the USB Mass Storage stuff. Connected a monitor to UART0 for the Mass Storage stuff - not even seeing the connection of a mem stick.

The code says a system clock freq of 80 Mhz - I presume the board is running at 48 so maybe that is where I have to start fiddling.

Can I run this in standard Debug mode or do I have to write it to FLASH on the EVB and then run it.

Nic

nick@acheraviation.com
0 Kudos

Bartington
Contributor I
No i Haven't, i'm Waiting for the support team to contact me with a solution. I've got other things to do and i've reach the limit of my imagination for fixing that particular issue so i hope they'll find out why the PC doesn't want to talk to me.

The evb52223 is running with a christal of 48MHz but if you set your Clock multiplier Divider properly you can raise the system frequency up to 80Mhz. The USB clock is set in the USB Control register (MCF_USB_USB_CTRL using MCF_USB_USB_CTRL_CLK_SRC_OSC) and can bypass the Multiplier Divider in order to manage a 48Mhz clock for the USB and in the same time 80MHz of system Freq.
(if i'm not mistaken)

I haven't tried the Mass storage example. I want to manage to sort out connecting to the PC before anything else.
But i can detect the connection and disconnection of a peripheral as it is done by controlling The VBus(control of USB Power) and Polling the ID Pin via the MAX3353.

The Datasheet of the MAX3353 is quite helpful
0 Kudos

Napoletano
Contributor I
I have the massstorage demo running.
But i have had also some problems. As far i remember, there was anything with a wrong jumper.
Here are my settings:
All Jumper set, except:
CLK1
CLK0
CLK_SEL3
CLK_SEL4
CLK_SEL5
CLK_SEL6
CLK_SEL7
JP3

VBSEL: HOST not OTG

Board Rev B

I Hope it helps.
Regards Daniel
0 Kudos

Bartington
Contributor I
I beleive the Host jumper Power the VBus constantly
It's a quick solution if you don't want to control the VBus via the MAX3353.
0 Kudos

PopsStack
Contributor I
Been trying to get the USB Mass Storage stuff running . Looks like I have been sitting in the wrong movie house. Jumpers have to be moved to Host and the USB Mass Storage stuff is to be Flashed -  well here starts my next set of woes.

Thanks for the jumper info.

0 Kudos

Bartington
Contributor I
By the Way
Max3353 can only generate 8mA Maximum for Powering the VBus. So it can be Limiting.
0 Kudos

Bartington
Contributor I
The MAX3353 is controlled via the I2C

Basic Functions for controlling the I2C are available as part of the USB Example (HID or HOSTING).
0 Kudos