Dual FEC problems/CF5485

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual FEC problems/CF5485

ChrisChelmecki
Contributor I
I am having trouble getting both FEC's to operate at the same time. Both work independently, but when I startup FEC0, then FEC1, I don't get
data received on FEC1. FEC0 is assigned DMA channel 2,3. FEC1 is assigned DMA channel 4(rx), channel 5(tx). The FEC1 transfer seems work properly, but when the server responds I never get an interrupt from the dma. FEC1 is also reporting rx overflow errors. All four dma channels used for the fec are low priority(1), but I have tried setting them higher. I am basically using the drivers from freescale. Any thoughts on what would cause problems when both FEC ports are operating? I am using an AXIOM eval board(for a Coldfire 5485).

Thanks,
Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

ChrisChelmecki
Contributor I
I just wanted to let people know what the problem was. We are using sram for buffers given to the DMA. When the second ethernet port was started, there wasn't enough sram left to allocate a buffer for the DMA. The DMA was getting a NULL pointer and not doing anything. So I decreased the number of buffers allocated for each port and it seems to be working properly.

Chris
0 Kudos