Bootstrap MC68SZ328

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootstrap MC68SZ328

RU6AI
Contributor I
. More than a year ago, my TEN TEC ORION 2 transceiver began to show, instead of the DSP version, all sorts of incomprehensible signs, did not respond to buttons. Although the knobs worked and there was a reception. Several MC68SZ328 processors were purchased from a link from a group in Germany  The first two did not work - then I dried it at 100 degrees Celsius for about 10 hours. I soldered it and the transceiver started working. It worked perfectly for over a year. Then the same malfunction appeared. Replacing the processors made it possible to work no more than a week. Now I suppose with a high probability that the reason is high-frequency interference on the RS-232 cable. The last time I worked in FT8 with a power of about 700 w and when I received a confirmation, I saw that LOGGER 32 was not started, while TX was working, I started LOGGER 32, the computer was exchanged with the transceiver and the transceiver just hung up. After turning it off and on, the squiggles appeared again. I suspect it is not the processor itself that comes out of the system, but the bootstrap firmware. On the forum  I raised a question - how to restore this area? The PEG-T665C was purchased, it uses the same processor. When installed in the transceiver, only the TEN TEC splash screen appears on the screen. When any processor removed from the transceiver was installed in the PEG-T665C, ​​the PEG-T665C was restored to work. Most likely the PEG-T665C does not use an initial boot program. Processors were also purchased earlier on Aliexpress. In the PEG-T665C they worked properly, and in the transceiver there was also only the TEN TEC splash screen on the screen. The group gave me a lot of useful advice on connecting to the processor via UART and JTAG. There is no result yet. I ask for help in connecting

0 Kudos
9 Replies

RU6AI
Contributor I

ask for help. I can't connect into Bootstrap mode. BST1 connected 3.3 volts through a 1 kΩ rezistor. BST2 and BST0 remained low. Standard TTL converter for 232. The RESET button is connected to ground and a 1 kΩ resistor of 3.3 volts. I tried it on different computers .I even found Intel 386 - no result. No connection. I ask you to help with advice.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply.

Please check the M68SZ328ADS application development system user manual with detailed operation description about how to program on board Flash memory at Appendix B.

There shows to use BBUGSZ.EXE and STOB.EXE tools.

There shows another tool named BBUG windows version is used for programming the monitor or other debugging prupose. Please check Appendix F for the detailed info.

Please check if you have related software tools and refer attached user manual for the reference.

Wish it helps.

Mike

0 Kudos

RU6AI
Contributor I

Thanks for the answer.

Where can I download a Bbug Windows versione that would support the MC68SZ328?

The codewarrior versions posted on your site no longer support the MC68SZ328.

An old version is required, and a trial license for a period of time is desirable.

I would be very grateful.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Sorry for the later reply.

I am still in progress try to find related BBug window version software.

I checked the CodeWarrior for 68K (Classic IDE) v3.2 supports DragonBall™ Super VZ (MC68SZ328).

Please try to download evaluation version from here.

The supported OS is Windows 2000, Windows XP/Vista® (32-bit)

Thanks for the patience.

B.R.

Mike

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

I could not find that BBug windows version software. Sorry.

I checked the internal product database without found related file.

best regards,

Mike

0 Kudos

RU6AI
Contributor I

Thank you. Have already found. On this site in the downloads section. Included in CodeWarrior for 68K Embedded Systems v3.2. I most likely did not correctly formulate my question. Sorry.

0 Kudos

RU6AI
Contributor I

To reset the system, you need to remove the RESET chip and emulate it with a regular button? Or leave it as in the diagram? And a question about content in 256 bytes Bootstrap. From a computer, I can connect via a MAX232 level converter to UART 1, how is it connected by the factory according to the scheme? Is the EMUBRK signal not used in this case? I bought some of the microcircuits in Germany in this store technofox/shop They were filled with the working setup with which the transceiver was working. New processors bought elsewhere and a processor removed from a working PEG-T665C minicomputer showed only a splash screen when the transceiver was turned on. Can't you tell me exactly what settings were programmed for those processors that I bought in Germany?

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I checked the MC68SZ328 reference manual about entering Bootstrap mode:

To enter bootstrap mode, the BST2/BST0 signal must be driven low, the BST1 signal must be driven high, and a system reset must be performed. After reset, bootstrap reset vectors are internally generated for reset vector fetch cycles.

I checked <MAIN.pdf> about board schematics, please make sure BST[0:2] pins with correct voltage setting.

Thanks for the attention.

Hui_Ma_0-1621997172312.png

0 Kudos

RU6AI
Contributor I

Good day!

Explain this moment.

I can not understand.

In the CPU itself is programmed information data (volume, type) of external FLASH, RAM, ROM?

For some reason , the CPU that works properly in the Sony Clie PEG-T665C, ​​when you install it in the Ten Tec Orion 2 transceiver, only the company splash screen shows on the display.

If the CPU that was dropped from the Ten Tec Orion 2 is working properly on the Sony Clie PEG-T665C device.

There is some batch of CPU that almost completely brings the Ten Tec Orion 2 to work - but there are some bugs.

If there are presets in the CPU, how are they set and can you give an example of these settings?

I can tell the type, volume of external FLASH, RAM, ROM.

0 Kudos