AN3927 Freescale USB Mass Storage Device Bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN3927 Freescale USB Mass Storage Device Bootloader

ianlovatt
Contributor III

I'm about to embark on this project. Hopefully going to port it to the MCF52277 (as it has the USB block).

I think the external flash accessed through the FlexBus might be quite a challenge but I can't see why it won't work as long as I alter the memory locations accordingly and can get the bootloader to use the spansion flash algorithm somehow.

Any advice on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated as the only other thread i can find is:

http://forums.freescale.com/freescale/board/message?board.id=CFCOMM&message.id=8460

...which doesn't sound very encouraging!

Thanks

ian

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

cw_weldon
Contributor I

I am considering of doing the same migration on M52277EVB. Have you made any progresses?

I have already developed a bootloader based on MQX, MFS and USB stack, but its size is way too big. I tried MQX 3.5 which allows me to have a smaller RTOS configuration. But the bootloader size is not shrinked too much. That is why I am thinking of taking this example.

Asking my local Freescale FAE about the migration, I was told the MCF5227x uses a different USB periperals and Freescale is working on a MQX USB bootloader but still much larger than this example.

0 Kudos

ianlovatt
Contributor III

No I abandonned this when i discovered dBUG. Yeah the USB block is different compared to the V2 MPUs which AN3927 doesn't make clear.

0 Kudos