cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior Connection Server 4.13 on 64bit Win7

josefrypar
Contributor I

Hello,

I've installed the CodeWarrior Development studio version 10.5.2 that contains CodeWarrior Connection Server v4.13, build 440p0.

I use CodeWarrior TAP (USB+Ethernet) and it does not work on Windows 7 64bit.

Command "findcc cwtaps" entered into CCS console does not return anything (after cca 30second timeout).

I browsed interned for help on this topic and it looks like an issue with the 64bit operating system. I've tried to reinstall the CWTAP driver as described in http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN4338.pdf  but without success.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks for any help!

Regards, Josef Rypar

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

What's your chip part number?

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos

josefrypar
Contributor I

Hello,

Which chip do you mean?

Thanks, Josef

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I mean what chip do you work with Development studio version 10.5.2?

and the board is NXP demo board or your customized designed board?

0 Kudos

josefrypar
Contributor I

Hello Jennie,

Thing have changed a bit since I asked for support. The issue we had was not related to the communication between CodeWarrior TAP and target board but between host computer (laptop running CodeWarrior IDE) and CodeWarrior TAP.

After investigation and debugging we found that problem resides in the Ethernet-over-USB network adapter that is embedded inside the CodeWarrior TAP. I was able to see the CodeWarrior TP network adapter among other Network Connections in my Windows 7 64bit, but it was showing permanently “Network cable is unplugged” with the red cross in the icon.

We suspected that issue is in missing DHCP server that would assign IP address to the CW TAP. Therefore I tried to Bridge the CW TAP Network with standard Local Area Network to allow access to DHCP server. Then it started to work. Even after the Bridge between the two networks was cancelled the CW TAP network adapter remained plugged and fully operational. Since this time the CW TAP programmer is working fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Josef Rypar

0 Kudos