cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW10.2 build process pauses between compiling files

Jump to solution
mrupp_viatechno
Contributor III

I am running CW10.2 on a windows 7 machine.  During project compilation, codewarrior compiles a few files then pauses then compiles a few more and pauses again and so forth.  The pause times are variable but in the order of 30 seconds.  A typical build will pause 10-20 times making the build process extremely long.  When I first installed CW10.2 this was not the case, no pauses during compilation.  Used 10.2 for many months problem started about 2 weeks ago.  Any ideas on how to fix?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

- Close any not needed projects to improve performance - You can clean up a workspace with exporting settings, removing .metadata and import settings and projects easily As the .metadata folder might contain a lot of information (change history, etc), the size of it might grow to a large size if you are using the workspace for a long time, and adding/removing projects frequently. This might slow down eclipse over time. For me it is a good practice to get a clean state back again. What I do then is following: - Export the workspace settings as shown above - Close eclipse - Delete the .metadata folder - Re-open eclipse with that workspace - Re-import the workspace settings

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mrupp_viatechno
Contributor III

thanks, it much better after cleaning.

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

- Close any not needed projects to improve performance - You can clean up a workspace with exporting settings, removing .metadata and import settings and projects easily As the .metadata folder might contain a lot of information (change history, etc), the size of it might grow to a large size if you are using the workspace for a long time, and adding/removing projects frequently. This might slow down eclipse over time. For me it is a good practice to get a clean state back again. What I do then is following: - Export the workspace settings as shown above - Close eclipse - Delete the .metadata folder - Re-open eclipse with that workspace - Re-import the workspace settings

0 Kudos