cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P1022 Software development and debugging

nishad_kamdar
Contributor IV

I have a custom P1022 board designed on the lines of P1022DS,

I am a beginner in software development, and i would like to know which would be the better way of beginning to write device drivers for the Processor and its peripherals?

Would it be better if i start writing C codes in Code Warrior or start with the Freescale Linux SDK ?

Kindly recommend a starting point.

Labels (1)
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

CodeWarrior is often used for new custom board bring-up and bared board project development.

Firstly it is better to create a CodeWarrior bared board sample project for P1022, then modify the initialization file for your custom board, and execute the sample C program and perform hardware diagnostics on your target. This would help you to detect the probable hardware design or system configuration problems.

If you want to run Linux OS on your target, Linux SDK certainly is the best choice. But if you want to design your target as a non-OS system, I need to recommend you a device drivers package software NetComm, which uses CodeWarrior as development environment and you could download GA 4.4 from NetComm Software Resources Product Summary Page for P1022.

nishad_kamdar
Contributor IV

Ok , Thanks for the recommendation,

As i want to run Linux OS on my board, I have started working on the Linux SDK 1.4.

However, i think, designing my tatrget as a non- OS system would also be helpful for debugging, I have aslo given a download request for The NetComm Software GA 4.4.

I'll keep you posted about my further progress and queries.

0 Kudos