MPC5554 example programs do not work, cannot get into flash memory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5554 example programs do not work, cannot get into flash memory

punkin
Contributor I
We just bought and installed the latest CW Build only version and have little experience with the MPC5554 but quite a bit with the 68HC12D60 series.  We also are using a Lauterbach ICE with a flash programmer.  If we had bought the CW with the built in flash programmer I am thinking that a lot of our problems putting an executable elf file into flash and then running the (example) program might be a simple routine compared to what I am trying to do now.  I say this because of the BAM module and some of its features such as getting into internal flash mode, using the Reset Configuration Half Word and the next byte for program location, working with the censorship mode, and the checksum of the installed code may be the root of my problems: it certainly cannot be the source code as I cannot get by using the given example code.  Would the CW version with flash programming support alleviate my problems? If so, how?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Voxan
Contributor III
Hi Punkin,

there is CW version for 55xx with flash programmer nor debugger.

As a suggestion, build a dummy project from the stationery wizard, set the Lauterbach ICE as external debugger, using that configuration you should be close to what you had in CW HC12. The Lauterbach flash programmer tool should provide you some configuration file for the specific board you are targeting, specify the binary file to be flashed and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps...

Best Regards
0 Kudos