cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel compile (linux) for MPC5200B Lite board

gurras
Contributor I
Hi!

I've downloaded the ltib package and installed it.
some problems with one line tho. I installed the newest debian directly from the net on my machine and sed couldn't find any of the standard library because of the line

if [ 'uname -m' != 'x86_64' ]; then
 LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
fi

in one of the ltib/dist/lfs-5.1/ files
by replacing assume_kernel=2.2.5 to the actual kernel version I managed to fix this.

But now to my problem.
I've built a few kernels now and I get a uImage
but the u-Boot complains on inflate() which returns -3
So I decreased the compression to gzip -1 vmlinux.bin
then made the image my self with
/opt/freescale/ltib/usr/bin/mkimage -A ppc -O linux -T kernel -a 00000000 -e 00000000 -n 'Linux-2.6.11-7-ppc' -d vmlinux.bin.gz uImage

works fine, u-Boot says that the checksum is ok and extraction is ok but then the serial link dies or something. I don't get anything more, I think the watchdog kicks in after a while and resets the cpu

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but what? :smileyhappy:
I've used kernel boot commands:
console=/dev/ttyS0 root=/dev/nfs rw
and
console=ttyS0 root=/dev/nfs rw

Anyone who could give me some links to previous posts/documents/etc to help me out?

Thanks in advance
/Gustav Bergquist, KTHRacing - Head of mechatronics
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

glk
Contributor I
I also got the error "sed: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" when running ltib for the first time. To fix it, I edited  ./dist/lfs-5.1/rpm/rpm-fs.spec to comment out the part that sets LD_ASSUME_KERNEL to 2.2.5. uname -sr indicated that the kernel is really 2.6.15, and it is not necessary to set this environment variable for well-behaved applications anyway. After this fix, ltib ground away for about 45 minutes (on a 1.8 GHz P4) and produced all of the required images.
0 Kudos

seh
Contributor I
I can't get this forum to let me put pre-formatted text here (I don't know how), so I can't post the reply I want to put.

This is a known problem and has been fixed in later versions. LTIB is available externally and has an external mailing list. You can post questions there and I read that regularly. See http://bitshrine.org/

Regards, Stuart Hughes
0 Kudos

Alban
Senior Contributor II
Hi Stuart,
For preformatted text, you need to use Internet Explorer web browser.
By using either the SRC button or the HTML <PRE> tag, you can add code easily.
Another way is to attach a file...
Alban.
0 Kudos

gurras
Contributor I
I've managed to sort out the problem on my own

was alot of help

incase uImage doesn't compress as it should be the crc is ok
load it to a higher address, like 0x1000000

the
rpm-4.0.4 package still needs a better method of determining if the host is 64-bit or 32-bit tho

lfs-5.1/rpm/

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=`uname -r`

might be a better fix?
0 Kudos