cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR PHY: 1D training failed

arunwilliam
Contributor II

Hi, 

I am facing issue while test DDR using QCVS tools.

Processor - Lx2160A

DDR version - DDR4

Testing clock - 1300MHz with 100MHz input.

Issue:

processor to DDR clock is not toggled.Baremetal application outputBaremetal application output

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies

arunwilliam
Contributor II

Hi Wang,

I am using customized Lx2160aQDS processor, and 2 Discrete RAM (DDR4) is used with size of 4GB each.

32bit width of speed support 1300Mtps - 3200Mtps

Regards,

Arunwilliam S

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I confirmed that QCVS does not work with RDIMM on LX2160ARDB. Also there is no QCVS support available.

0 Kudos

arunwilliam
Contributor II

Hi Wang,

I am using customized Lx2160aQDS processor, and 2 Discrete RAM (DDR4) is used with size of 4GB each. 32bit width of speed support 1300Mtps - 3200Mtps  

Regards, Arunwilliam S  

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Have you passed DDR validation with QCVS DDRv tool?

Would you please provide your screenshot of your QCVS DDRv tool.

0 Kudos

arunwilliam
Contributor II

Hi wang,

I have tried testing DDR in QCVS tool, during that faced different issues like  DDR PHY: 1D training failed

and memory access failed.. I have shared screenshot of that. DDR Test Failed

Regards,

Arunwilliam

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

First after creating a QCVS DDR project, please fill DDR parameters in "Properties" panel according to your DDR datasheet.

Then select all the 3 items under "Validation stage" to do DDR validation first. After these validations passing, you could do "Operational DDR test".

If your problem persists, please capture your CCS console log to me to do more investigation.

After click "Start Validation", CodeWarrior Connection Sever(CCS) will pop up at the right bottom of the Windows task bar, please double click and open it, then type "log v" and click "Start Validation again, the low level CCS log will be printed in the console, please capture the whole CCS log to me to do more investigation.

0 Kudos

arunwilliam
Contributor II

Hi Wang,

I have tested and took log with hardcoded mode setup.

Regards,

Arunwilliam S

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

DDR Tool has to be used with non-hardcoded RCW option - i.e. valid RCW has to be present in the RCW source Flash.

In QCVS DDR project, in "Connections View" panel, please click "Re-check connection" button to check whether "This connection is working".

0 Kudos

arunwilliam
Contributor II

Hi wang,

wang: DDR Tool has to be used with non-hardcoded RCW option - i.e. valid RCW has to be present in the RCW source Flash
Arun : Yes, I have used non-hardcoded RCW, logs are attached.

DDR4 : 2600MHz

Wang: In QCVS DDR project, in "Connections View" panel, please click "Re-check connection" button to check whether "This connection is working".
Arun: Yes, This connection is working , when I do Re-check option from Connection View panel

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Discussing with the AE team.

0 Kudos

arunwilliam
Contributor II

Hi wang,

Any update ?

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry for the late reply.

The expert in the AE team is out of office previously, I have contacted them again, will provide more update as soon as possible.

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to the following feedback from the AE team.

Please clarify what is the inquiry.

Is the customer system is working at 2600MT/s when using atf/uboot? and when you try to run the same board using QCVS tools is failing?

If that is the inquiry then please provide more details on how is the QCVS configured? using import from target?

What other options have you tried?
After configuration wizard is completed go directly to run a functional test. and provide the log from QCVS.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Still waiting for the feedback from the AE team, I will contact them again.

arunwilliam
Contributor II

Hi Wang,

Any update?

0 Kudos