Is this coming for the 5200B?

Thanks, R&B

Message Edited by bbrv on 02-17-200601:53 PM

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies

marc_paquette
Contributor V

Linux tools are CWS-PPC-LLAPP-CX or CWS-PPC-LLAPP-LX for the Application Edition. These tools cover all the Linux-capable PowerPC products from Freescale, including 5200B.  DevTech has just release v2.6 of these tools and they support the 5200 Rev B silicon.

For kernel development, consider the CWS-PPC-LLPLT-CX (node locked) or CWS-PPC-LLPLT-LX (float license) Platform Edition v2.6 or PCS tools (which are not specific to a processor family).

Finally, see http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?nodeId=01272600612247 for informatoin about  CWX-mGT-EX.

Marc.

0 Kudos

shanghai
Contributor I
Does  CWX-PPC-LLPLT-EX in the linkage fit for my case - MPC7447A kernel debug?

Thanks,

shanghai
0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V

The CWS-PPC-LINWH-CX and CWS-PPC-LLAPP-CX tools target the MPC7447A processor:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC7447A&srch=1)

Marc.

0 Kudos

shanghai
Contributor I

Thanks, Marc.

So does EPPC 2.6 - IDE 5.7 on my hand integrate  CWS-PPC-LINWH-CX?

-- shanghai

0 Kudos

Teo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
CWS-PPC-LINWH-CX is Windows hosted EPPC 2.6. It offers only linux application debug (i.e. no u-boot or kernel debug)
CWS-PPC-LLAPP-CX is Linux hosted EPPC 2.6. That has support including for u-boot and kernel debug.

Regards,
Teodor Madan,
0 Kudos

shanghai
Contributor I
Ummm, I wasn't clear.

Teodor confirmed me that I have CWS-PPC-LLAPP-CX.  We used that for MPC8347 U-Boot and Kernel debug. Now when we switch to MPC7447A debug on Marvell DB64460-BP Ref. Board with USB TAP, we met some problems[I posted that in another thread - see the below one].

Could you please confirm me that the suit - EPPC 2.6 with USB TAP can debug MPC7447A? Maybe better on Marvell DB64460-BP board? I need to program FLASH and debug U-Boot on this board.

Thanks very much,

shanghai
0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V

I'm told that, although Freescale does not officially support the Marvell DB64460-BP board, your CodeWarrior Embedded PowerPC 2.6 tools should have a configuration file for MPC7447A:

7447A_Marvell_init.cfg
Marc.
0 Kudos

shanghai
Contributor I
Thank you, Marc!!!

You hit the key point for my problem. I use that on this board for FLASH programming and U-Boot debug but both failed. So what should I do next?

Personly, I think there were a default in this config file.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
stop
sleep 0x100
reset 1

writemem.l 0x14000068  0x00f10001 # Move internal space base address to 0xf1000000
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
The suspection is how to let CPU know 0x14000068? It's the 7447A register for MV64460 base address setting. Seems a instruction should be added before this action.

I am still new to CodeWarrior like configuration file. Any hint?

Thanks,

shanghai
0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V
I'm afraid we don't have enough information to offer a possible solution.

How does the writemem command fail? Does the debugger report any errors? Does the writemem command reach the board? Is there any activity on the address bus for the writemem command?

Thanks.

Marc.
0 Kudos

shanghai
Contributor I
A little improvement....

I now can read Boot Flash content correctly. But still failed at Flash Programming. CodeWarrior reported that it cannot connect the probe.

What I thought was incomplete or wrong. I am studying how to change the configuration file for this board.

Thanks Marc. If any Qs, I will post to my own thread. It's off topic in this thread.

shanghai
0 Kudos

marc_paquette
Contributor V

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Can you rephrase it?

Marc.

0 Kudos

Teo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
CodeWarrior Development Studio, mobileGT" Processor Edition   version 8.5 has support for 5200B.

Regards,
Teo
0 Kudos