CodeWarrior DS for PA v10.1.2 - Service Pack for Linux Build

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CodeWarrior DS for PA v10.1.2 - Service Pack for Linux Build

sethmacb
Contributor II

Where can I find the service pack for CodeWarrior to add support for the Linux build tools for the e500v2 core?  This is referenced in the v10.1.2 release notes as "Service Pack GccE500v2Linux" for the cross tool "powerpc-unknown-Linux-gnuspe (gcc-4.6.2-XMe500v2-linuxspe).

I am working on an offline machine and I am unable to use the "FSL PA Update Site" from within CodeWarrior. 

The CodeWarrior Help states the following:

The current release does not include Linux tool chains by default.  To add the required Linux build tool support, you should install the corresponding service pack for the required target.  For more information on installing service packs, refer to the Service Pack Updater Quickstart available in the <codeWarrior-Install-Dir>\PA\ folder.

The "Service Pack Update Quickstart.pdf" list the CodeWarrior DS v10 for PA URL for the place to download patches or updates.  Currently the CodeWarrior for PA downloads page (link given below) only list Service Pack 2 for v10.1.2.  SP2 for v10.1.2 does not add support for linux tool chain according to its release notes.

I am confused on where else to look for the Linux Tool Chain Service Pack and my searches using keywords from the v10.1.2 release notes of the freescale site only turn up the release notes.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW_DSPA&tid=CWH

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlexP
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The latest CodeWarrior for Power Architecture release, version 10.3, comes with toolchains for building Linux programs (for various cores).  Using the link you provided ( http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=CW_DSPA&tid=CWH ), after clicking on the Downloads tab and expanding the "Software Development Tools" / "IDE - Debug, Compile and Build Tools" sections, you will find links for downloading each toolchain.

In order to install these, use the "Help" / "Install New Software" menu, then click the "Add..." button to add an update site, select "Archive..." and locate your archive on disk, then click OK.  Uncheck the "Contact all update sites during install to find required software" checkbox and follow the normal installation procedure.  These steps are also detailed in the document named "Service Pack Updater Quickstart", located in the PA subdirectory of your CodeWarrior installation.

Hope this helps,

Alex

0 Kudos