cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace Launcher blank

Jump to solution
ThisEndUp
Contributor I

Problem: When I start cwide 11.1 (special edition) the Workspace Launcher window is blank.

Context: Running on 64-bit Windows 10. Just rearranged hard drives (renamed drive F to drive D, but cwide and all my development is on drive C, so that shouldn't have had any effect).

What I've tried: Removed, downloaded cwide SE, and installed. It shows that it has one day left (presumably referring to the full edition that it runs for the first 30 days). It still brings up a blank Workspace Launcher.

My suspicion is that there is some configuration parameter that I have to alter, but cannot find any hints of where it is or what to change it to.

Thanks for any help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ThisEndUp
Contributor I

Extra information: starting cwide from a cmd prompt gives the message

Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.1\eclipse\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll".

Is this the expected behavior? I don't know. In any case, the jvm.dll file exists and has the properties

jvm.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, 5 sections

essentially matching those of

cwide.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, 4 sections

i.e., it is not the case that one of them is 32-bit and the other 64-bit or some such problem.

*** TWO DAYS LATER: ***. cwide now works correctly when launched from its GUI icon. So, the problem has resolved itself with no action on my part. No idea why!

Oh, and it still complains about the missing jvm.dll when launched from a cmd prompt. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThisEndUp
Contributor I

Extra information: starting cwide from a cmd prompt gives the message

Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Freescale\CW MCU v11.1\eclipse\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll".

Is this the expected behavior? I don't know. In any case, the jvm.dll file exists and has the properties

jvm.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, 5 sections

essentially matching those of

cwide.exe: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, 4 sections

i.e., it is not the case that one of them is 32-bit and the other 64-bit or some such problem.

*** TWO DAYS LATER: ***. cwide now works correctly when launched from its GUI icon. So, the problem has resolved itself with no action on my part. No idea why!

Oh, and it still complains about the missing jvm.dll when launched from a cmd prompt. 

0 Kudos