Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using C++ with coldfire MCUs

Jump to solution
High_Templar
Contributor I

Hi all.

I'm trying to make a C++ project for the TWR-CN128 (coldfire MCU). However, when I add a simple class, the compiler give me this error: undefined identifier 'class'. I don't get this error when I use a S08 or Kinetis MCU .

I'm using CW 10.3 Special Edition.

Thanks for any help.

Mensaje editado por: angel terrones

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi angel,

the special edition does not include C++ support. The S08 has a 1 KByte free limit, while while the ColdFire compiler allows 0 bytes (it compiles the C++ files as a C file).

Kinetis: I think you used the gcc option: here the compiler/linker has no limitatin (as GNU). The debugger will impose the limitation. So for ColdFire, you either upgrade your license, or you could consider gcc for ColdFire.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi angel,

the special edition does not include C++ support. The S08 has a 1 KByte free limit, while while the ColdFire compiler allows 0 bytes (it compiles the C++ files as a C file).

Kinetis: I think you used the gcc option: here the compiler/linker has no limitatin (as GNU). The debugger will impose the limitation. So for ColdFire, you either upgrade your license, or you could consider gcc for ColdFire.

0 Kudos
High_Templar
Contributor I

Hi Erich.

Thanks for you answer. Making some testing with #warnings, I realize what you say: the cpp file is compiled in C mode (and that using a eval license, the file compile with no errors)

:smileysad:

Well, I will investigate how to use gcc for coldfire.

Thanks!

0 Kudos