Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB TAP for mpc5125 processor

Jump to solution
Champaka
Contributor III

Hi all,

I am working on Twrmpc5125 processor. The USP TAP part number used for this is CWH-UTP-PPCC-HE. Now i need one more usb tap to work on other computer. Could anyone tell me the part number of the usb tap that supports mpc5125 processor ? The one that i am using has become obsolete and i am not able find the replacement for that.

In the freescale website i saw CWH-CTP-BASE-HE as the replacement. But this does not support MPC5125 processor.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I just disccused internally about this topic with the ccs team.

The CodeWarrior TAP page doesn’t list the MPC5125, but the MPC5125 page does list the CodeWarrior TAP as the recommended tool:

“CWH-ETP-JTAG-HE is being replaced now at ONE FIFTH OF THE PRICE by the following - CWH-CTP-BASE-HE and CWH-CTP-COP-YE (order both). You will experience significantly faster...”

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC5125&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Note that CodeWarrior TAP requires a newer CCS build than the one that ships with CodeWarrior for MobileGT.

Right now, somebody will test the MPC51xx/MPC52xx to see how it works with the CW TAP.

I will let you know the results,

Marius

View solution in original post

9 Replies
marius_grigoras
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I just disccused internally about this topic with the ccs team.

The CodeWarrior TAP page doesn’t list the MPC5125, but the MPC5125 page does list the CodeWarrior TAP as the recommended tool:

“CWH-ETP-JTAG-HE is being replaced now at ONE FIFTH OF THE PRICE by the following - CWH-CTP-BASE-HE and CWH-CTP-COP-YE (order both). You will experience significantly faster...”

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC5125&fpsp=1&tab=Design_Tools_Tab

Note that CodeWarrior TAP requires a newer CCS build than the one that ships with CodeWarrior for MobileGT.

Right now, somebody will test the MPC51xx/MPC52xx to see how it works with the CW TAP.

I will let you know the results,

Marius

Champaka
Contributor III

Hey why do i need to order both CWH-CTP-BASE-HE and CWH-CTP-COP-YE ?? I just need a USB tap with its respective usb cable. why order the probe viz.CWH-CTP-COP-YE ??

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

CWH-CTP-BASE-HE  is the base unit of CodeWarrior TAP, it should be used together with probe tip.

Probe tip CWH-CTP-COP-YE is to connect JTAG interface on board with CWH-CTP-BASE-HE

For how to connect CodeWarrior TAP with target board, please refer to section 3.2 and 5.3 in user's guide:

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=CW_TAP_UG

Champaka
Contributor III

Oh ok... I thought everything comes along in a single package. Because last time when i had got a usb tap, everything, the base, probe and the usb cable was in a single box. I did not know we have to order for it separately.

Anyways thank you so much

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You are welcome.

you are correct, for USBTAP, the base, probe and the usb cable are bundled together.

We have several types of USBTAP for different targe:

CWH-UTP-ARM-HE                     FOR MXC targets

CWH-UTP-CF-HE                       FOR COLDFIRE

CWH-UTP-ONCE-HE                    FOR DSC

CWH-UTP-PPCC-HE                    FOR PQ II/III

CWH-UTP-PPCD-HE                    FOR PQI

CWH-UTP-STC-HE                      FOR STARCORE

Regarding to CodeWarrior TAP, we use the same base for different targets, and user choose proper proble for his own target. One good is that user only need to purchase one base even he is developing on different platform.

0 Kudos
avadhutjunnarka
Contributor I

Hi Fiona,

I'm going to work on i.mx6q processor and P1022 processor.

1. I'm searching for debugging hardware which could be compatible for both. Is there any ?

2. Please refer to pdf http://www.freescale.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/user_guide/CWH-UTP-UG.pdf

On page 6 its is mentioned that USB TAP supports ARM processors. But i couldn't find any such

USB TAP support for i.mx6 series on freescale website.

3.Even you mentioned CWH-UTP-ARM-HE in previous post. I didn't find even any such USB TAP

on freescale website. If it is there any such USB TAP, can you please send me link ? I couldn't

find even CWH-UTP-ARM-HE on freescale website.

So will please answer my question in point 1 and clear out my confusion in point 2 and 3 ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Champaka
Contributor III

Ok... I will wait for mariusviorelgrigoras-b32331reply for test results. Only then i am going to place an order for it.

0 Kudos
TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Just want to make a mark, I need this new CCS update too. Thanks,

0 Kudos
Champaka
Contributor III

Ok... Thank you

0 Kudos