もしかして: 

Some issues regarding CodeWorrior True-Time Simullator&Real-Time Debugger

ソリューションへジャンプ
827件の閲覧回数
daviddai
Contributor I

Hello,

This is my first time to use Freescale MCU MM912H634 for my project,

I set up the development environment with CW_HC12_v5.1_SPECIAL + USB multilink_universal,

During I debug my program, regarding CodeWorrior True-Time Simullator&Real-Time Debugger, I have several questions:

1, Why I can't revise my code in CodeWorrior True-Time Simullator&Real-Time Debugger and re-make to debug my code?

I have to return to CodeWorrior to revise my code and re-start the debug work.

2, When I simulate my program, for the same code, I get different result with full Start(F5) mode and Step over(F10) mode, why?

Could you please answer my question?

Thanks!

Best Regards

David Dai

ラベル(1)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
653件の閲覧回数
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi David Dai,

1. CodeWorrior True-Time Simullator hiwave.exe is a standalone debugger/programmer. after a CW successfully build, it passes the .abs file to hiwave. the .abs file include source code, debug and burning file information. so the source file you see in debugger is from .abs file but not the same source file in CW editor. that 's the reason you have to return to CodeWorrior to revise my code and re-start the debug work. the separated CW debugger architecture decides this.

2. I ever had customer have similar problem as yours. the problem was interrupt prevented the code executing normally in step over mode. please check the same on your side: disable all interrupt, how does it work?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

元の投稿で解決策を見る

0 件の賞賛
返信
3 返答(返信)
654件の閲覧回数
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi David Dai,

1. CodeWorrior True-Time Simullator hiwave.exe is a standalone debugger/programmer. after a CW successfully build, it passes the .abs file to hiwave. the .abs file include source code, debug and burning file information. so the source file you see in debugger is from .abs file but not the same source file in CW editor. that 's the reason you have to return to CodeWorrior to revise my code and re-start the debug work. the separated CW debugger architecture decides this.

2. I ever had customer have similar problem as yours. the problem was interrupt prevented the code executing normally in step over mode. please check the same on your side: disable all interrupt, how does it work?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 件の賞賛
返信
653件の閲覧回数
daviddai
Contributor I

Dear Zhang Jun,

Thanks for your reply,

For 1, I think Freescale can update or upgrade  the debugger software.

For 2, I already found the root cause, the watchdog.

Thanks!

Best Regards

David Dai

0 件の賞賛
返信
653件の閲覧回数
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi David Dai,

thanks for your suggestion.

you are welcome!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

0 件の賞賛
返信