RN8 memory usage view, how many FLASH & RAM do I use (with Codewarrior 11)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RN8 memory usage view, how many FLASH & RAM do I use (with Codewarrior 11)?

sebe
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a S9S08RNA8 µC and I use Codewarrior 11 for my application software.

I seach now for a way to see how many memory (flash and/or RAM) my µC is using. I don't men the memory view while debugging with the codewarrior. This is working fine.

I mean a way to see in percent or in kB how high my memory usage is. Is there another programm instead of CW11 which can do it?

Any other suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

sebe
Contributor I

Yes, thanks. This helps me.

I checked it with my softwares and it looks okay for me. READ_ONLY is flash+EEPROM and READ_WRITE looks like the RAM.

NO_INIT, is something what will not be initialized. Somehow all my projects have the same NO_INIT size, 225. I think this is µC specific, which will be different If I take a larger or another type of µC.

Perfect, thank you!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome!

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sebastian Felix,

CodeWarrior can generate a map file after a SUCCESSFUL build.

In map file, it summarize the used memory sizes based on the section type. see below demonstration:

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos