How to configure CodeWarrior to use new Kinetis K66?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure CodeWarrior to use new Kinetis K66?

cgarcia1
Contributor II

Hello!

I'm considering to start using the new Kinetis K66 device but I wonder if CodeWarrior can be configured to use it. I'm currently using K64 with MQX, which is the latest device supported by CW 10.6 as far as I know.

For the moment I can't consider the use of KDS and SDK, as all the problems with Ethernet at 10Mbps that I solved with CodeWarrior (with a lot of pain and tears) are not solved with the new SDK.

Thank you in advance for your answers! :-)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos.

Freescale’s CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers v10.6.4 can support K66 device.  it is now available on the Freescale WEB at www.freescale.com/cwmcu10.
This is a full release and includes all the previous updates (Update 1, Update 2 and Update 3) in a single installation.

Further information and the release notes are available on the following Freescale community page:
https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-104810

please try this version .

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cgarcia1
Contributor II

Hi Zhang,

I'm now using Codewarrior 10.6.4 and as I see, ProcessorExpert does not support new K65 and K66.

In <codewarrior home directory>\MCU\ProcessorExpert\CPUs\ there are no MK65 or MK66 folders.

Is there any patch or any kind of downloadable file to make ProcessorExpert support those new devices?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlos,

CW10.6 is in maintenance mode, Freescale provides bug fix but will not add new device support to it.

all the new devices support moves to KDS.

Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale

please use KDS3.0 which can support K65 and K66.

does this answer your question?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

cgarcia1
Contributor II

Thank you so much for your information!

In CodeWarrior page said version 10.6, and "new" supported devices K64, so I thought that there was no newer CodeWarrior version than I had.

I'm now downloading v10.6.4 :-)

0 Kudos