Freescale KIT9Z1J638EVM Memory Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale KIT9Z1J638EVM Memory Issue

chrisescalante
Contributor I

I am working with the software provided by Freescale for KIT9Z1J638EVM, which has a battery sensor that measures current, voltage, temperature.  Every so many clock cycles there is erroneous values displayed.  When I observe the memory location where the measurements are being stored, I can see cycles where there are 5 to 10 memory locations being overwritten with a "EE" or "FF", and in some instances it is writing over memory location used to store the battery sensor data.  This is why I am seeing erroneous measurements.  When I add a watchpoint to one of the memory locations, the problem stops which is puzzling and as soon as I remove all breakpoints the EE's and FF's re-appear.  I am trying to get the code to break when the battery voltage memory location is written over, but when I add the watchpoint the problem seems to go away.  Can anyone shed light on why this is happening?  I am setting up the watchpoint with the condition "0x14b4==FF || 0x14b4==EE;", but I have not observed the code breaking when I use this condition.  I have had a hard time finding clear examples on how to use conditions with watchpoints, so I would really like feedback on if the condition is written correctly?

Thanks,

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

Specify the condition for the watchpoint in the Condition field. The condition must be specified using the ANSI-C syntax (Example: counter == 7).

if you need to use address directly. use this syntax:

*(unsigned int*) 0x14b4== 0xFF ||  *(unsigned int*) 0x14b4== 0xEE

can this help?

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chrisescalante
Contributor I

Hi,

Yes, that is exactly the syntax I use in the memory location for 0x14b4, but it causes the issue to go away.  I visually see the EE's and FF's stop appearing in the memory viewer and as soon as I remove all breakpoints they come back.  This makes it very difficult to determine what line of code is writting over these memory locations.  This is odd behavior that I cannot explain.

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos