FC1 gives wrong time interval

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FC1 gives wrong time interval

juliancox
Contributor V

I have just completed a project using a S08SH. It uses FC1 with device TPM10 to generate an interrupt every 2mS.

I am now using a S08QE and I also need an interrupt every 2mS. I added component FC1 and copied the settings EXACTLY as before. Now I get an interrupt every 100mS - no matter what value I set for the Period/Offset. I also checked the Cpu settings against the S08SH project.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Julian

Do you use internal clock source or external ? if external clock source, Can you please check the Oscillator or crystal on board, what's the value of it in Hz?

please also create a demo project for your problem, we need also check the settings.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

juliancox
Contributor V

Hi Jennie

I am using the internal clock source, but...

In P/E I changed the device from TPM10 to RTCmod (this automatically changed the counter and interrupt) and with no other changes I now get an interrupt every 2mS. The design now works fine ----But why?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Julian

TPM10 and RTCmod use different clock sources.

TPM10 uses TPM1 bus clock, RTCmod uses RTC clock.

if TPM10 can't work normal, you need check TPM setting.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos