Error creating session: Invalid target type selection in connection "638-EVB-Connection"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating session: Invalid target type selection in connection "638-EVB-Connection"

dws
Contributor III

Hi all,

I come across a problem when i run the project it occur this condition ,could you tell me the problem?

thank you

pastedImage_1.png

6 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I never meet with that error message yet.

It seems, that there is probably some wrong setting in your connection settings.

Few recommendations:

Please clean your project and build again. Menu-Project-Clean…

If you use more than one PEmicro BDM interfaces (like OSBDM and Multilink Universal), please let just one connected to the PC.

Please check whether your connection settings are correct.

Menu-Run-Debug configuration-C/C++ application-Please check whether correct elf file is referenced

Menu-Run-Debug configuration-Target settings-Edit-Target-Edit-Please check whether correct Target type is selected.

Menu-Run-Debug configuration-Target settings-Edit-Please check BDM interface configuration and detected Port.

The debug connection settings are stored in ReferencedRSESystems.xml file in the root of your project.

The creating new target configuration is nicely described for example here:

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/04/30/flashing-with-a-button-and-a-magic-wand/

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dws
Contributor III

Hi Radek Sestak,

I forgot to tell you I use the demo which you supply for us,I use the LIN project.

Is there any problems with the demo or no problem?

thank you you replication!

Dawei

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dewei,

Thank you for more details.

Unfortunately, we don’t have this demo here (only KIT9Z1J638EVM board). However, we are not aware of any specific problem with that demo.

There may be some issue with paths when a project was not cleared prior moving to another PC.

I suppose that you downloaded SW project from our web site (that you get the last version). Correct?

From HW point of view:

I suppose, that you provide the 12V power supply for the MCU (The Multilink interfaces typically do not provide the power supply for MCU). Correct?

Please check also BDM interface connector orientation.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

dws
Contributor III

Hi Radek,

Thank you for your replication.

I do  download the latest demo version from your website,but I used the OSBDM to download the software.I use the 12V power supply for the MCU.

I used the KIT9Z1J638EVM board, I really wonder the reason why I can't download it.

thank you!

Dawei

0 Kudos

dws
Contributor III

Hi Radek,

Maybe I found the question as follows:

pastedImage_1.png

Dawei

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dewei,

Please try to download and install current PEmicro drivers:

P&E Hardware Interface Drivers, Version 12 (Win XP/Vista/7/8/10)  (9828 KB)

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=53

The OSBDM and PEmicro Multilink BDM interfaces share the same ID. If you connect both interfaces, the Multilink BDM interface is typically preferred and OSBDM does not work correctly.

If you use KIT9Z1J638EVM board, please check S1 switch position per KIT9Z1J638EVM QSG (Figure 3. Switch S1 Settings):

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/quick-start-guide/KT9Z1J638QSG.pdf

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek