Debugger overwrites FlexNVM partitioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger overwrites FlexNVM partitioning

mrupp_viatechno
Contributor III

I am using a K70 and want to use the FlexNVM as storage for large constant arrays.  I have been successful in getting the debugger to load into FlexNVM.  However, when my application program starts it thinks the FlexNVM has not been partitioned.  The application program then partitions the FlexNVM but this causes the data written by the debugger to be erased.  I suspect that the debugger is somehow overwriting the FlexNVM partitioning information.  From section 30.3.3 of the K70 Reference Manual, it looks like the partitioning information is stored in bytes 0x3FC & 0x3FD of the data flash 0 IFR, in turn the IFR is stored in data flash 0 block.  But this is as far as I can follow it.  My question is where exactly is the IFR stored?  Knowing this, I should be able to prevent the debugger from overwriting it.

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mrupp_viatechno
Contributor III

I found a help screen that says the partitioning of the FlexNVM by the debugger is controlled in the Advanced Options dialog.  The help screen shows the dialog and it has a partitioning check box.  However, when I bring up the dialog in my CodeWarrior (10.2) there is no check box.  I bring up the Advanced Options dialog as follows:

Run -> Debug Configurations

In resulting dialog 'edit' the connection

then click on "Advanced Programming Options"

AdvancedOptions.bmp

0 Kudos

mrupp_viatechno
Contributor III

It seems that the functionality described in the help is not available in version 10.2. 

0 Kudos