cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger launches, loads code, then terminates

efbryan
Contributor I

PEMicro USB Multilink debugger with MC9S08MP16 processor and Codewarrior 1.2
CodeWarrior HC(S)08 Debugger    10.2.0.FSL_b7450    com.freescale.hc08.debugger.nls.feature.group
CodeWarrior HCS08 Debugger    10.2.0.FSL_b7450    com.freescale.hc08.debugger.feature.group

Code launches and downloads but immediately terminates. COPT bits are set to zero, tried with external xtal, internal oscillator, reset enabled/disabled. Same results. Breakpoints set in startup code are never reached.

Message in debug window:
E:\CapRainGauge\MC9S08MP16\CapRainGauge.abs (7/18/12 10:13 PM)    

No error messages from debugger. Tried changing settings for action if comm lost but these have no effect. Nothing in the console window. Nothing in the Problems window.

Suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I suggest to "enable Logging" if not already done (see http://mcuoneclipse.wordpress.com/2012/02/23/an-error-occurred-applied-debugging-rules/) so you have more information in the console.

I say that breakpoints in startup are not reached? The debugger has to start from the reset vector location/startup code. I suggest that you step through the startup code, see http://mcuoneclipse.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/stop-on-startup/ how to set the debugger to start debugging from the startup code. That way you might find out what is causing the problem

Hope this helps,

BK

0 Kudos

efbryan
Contributor I

Pretty sure the problem is the emulator.  Swapped it out and it ran until it had trouble switching to the external crystal which is not wired properly.  I did change from a Multilink to a Multilink Universal.  Does anyone know of a problem with the Multilink if the external crystal is not working right?

0 Kudos