cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyclone Pro + QGx programming

Jump to solution
irob
Contributor V
I'm using a Cyclone Pro for programming my MON08 QT4s, and would now like to use it to program my newer QGx targets.

For some reason, I'm unable to get the target boards into background mode. I get the "ERROR - SYNC returned no result" message.

The strange part is that with this same cable and same target board, I'm able to enter background mode, erase, program all day long with my P&E Multilink programmer. Same company, what's the difference?

I have this vague feeling that it's somehow related to this thread about blank QGx parts and background mode, but I'm not sure.

Any thoughts?
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
P_EMark
Contributor III
irob:

The Cyclone Pro and the multilink should function nearly identically in this situation. The thread you referenced is indeed the culprit-- however, as that threat states, you should be able to communicate with the QG by cycling power on the device (while keeping the Cyclone Pro plugged in) after the initial attempt to communicate fails.

One of the main differences between the two interfaces, however, is that the Cyclone Pro has the ability to cycle the power for you if you've configured it to provide power to your target system.

So, technically this issue should be alleviated rather than exacerbated by the Cyclone...

Regards,
Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
P_EMark
Contributor III
irob:

The Cyclone Pro and the multilink should function nearly identically in this situation. The thread you referenced is indeed the culprit-- however, as that threat states, you should be able to communicate with the QG by cycling power on the device (while keeping the Cyclone Pro plugged in) after the initial attempt to communicate fails.

One of the main differences between the two interfaces, however, is that the Cyclone Pro has the ability to cycle the power for you if you've configured it to provide power to your target system.

So, technically this issue should be alleviated rather than exacerbated by the Cyclone...

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos
irob
Contributor V
I agree Mark. Is it possible that my Cyclone Pro isn't programmed for HCS08 parts?
0 Kudos
P_EMark
Contributor III
irob:

All Cyclones are programmed identically-- so this would not be a possibility. Basically, if the Cyclone works at all, then there's no firmware programming issue there :smileyhappy:

Have you checked your power jumper settings to make sure that you're using an appropriate power configuration for your HCS08 target?

Regards,
Mark